your thoughts on canon housings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbh:
I grease my o-ring the first time that I install my camera on a trip then every 2-3 days after that. If you are shore diving and get sand or other debris on your housing you will need to do it more often. If you are diving from a live-aboard that has a camera table (clean conditions) you should be OK every other day or so. When I open my housing during a trip, it for very short periods of time. I just pop out my CF card & battery then close it immediately. Once my card is downloded and battery charged, Ipop them back in and close my housing.

HTH,
Dave

Great! Thanks for the advice. Is there anything in particular that can be used to take out the o-ring without damaging it?

Cheers

Raf

Be gentle, and use only plastic tools to initially lift it off (after that, fingers only).

Don't stretch it, either.

The Canon housings generally work well and are a great value; the best way to get started on the cheap but with full upgrade potential. As far as the grease goes, less is more. And no, you don't want to keep removing the o-ring unless there is noticeable contamination (sand, hair, dust, etc.).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom