your thoughts on canon housings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nothanx2

Registered
Reaction score
hey guys, im looking at the WP-DC30 housing and the like, any thoughts comments negative/positive experiences? any input would be awesome, thanks guys!

eric

If the WP-DC30 is anything like my WP-DC800 for my S400, you will be very happy with it: o-ring easliy maintained, no leaks, all camera functions accessible with the case, flash diffuser. I have had a hard time finding room for desiccant, but then I have never needed to use it with this housing - no moisture or condensation inside at all.

I'd advise doing a search online for reviews. Good luck with your purchase!

I have the WP-DC30 case for my A85 and it does allow access to all controls with exception of the direct print button, which you don't need underwater.

I haven't had the opportunity yet to try this case but from all the research I have done I believe you will be happy with it.

Regarding desiccant, you can refer to my post a few days ago regarding a site to get desiccant in all different size packages. Anything in the one gram or smaller package will easily fit into the WP-DC30 housing. I have even read that a 2 gram pack will fit with some careful manipulation. Personally, I plan to use two or more of the 1 gram packs.

I have a WP-DC500 (S330) for over 1.5 year and a WP-DC50 (A95) for a couple of months now. I never had any problems with either housing at all so far, I'm very happy with them. The WP-DC500 with the S330 lens has a tendency to fog after ~30 mins of heavy usage, but the WP-DC50 with the A95 doesn't seem to have this problem.

I like my WP-DC30, no flash diffuser but I have had no trouble with it and I am not the most careful of folk. It is only rated to 30m but again that has not been a significant issue for me. I like it better than a sony I have tried and am confident that it will continue to serve me well.
Alison

I have the WP-DC800 for my Canon S500 Elph. I absolutely love it! Very easy to use....and you can use all the functions/features. Easy to maintain. Got mine at www.walmart.com for about 170.00 (might have been 180.00...can't remember). Cheapest I found it. Also, Sam's Club had them at comparable prices.

i've had two WP-DC10's for my SD110 and SD100, and never had a problem with
them. awesome housing, full functionality.

I just got my WP-DC40 for my S70. Is it recomened that the o-ring be taken off and silicon grease be applied before each use?

Cheers

RafDawg

RafDawg:
I just got my WP-DC40 for my S70. Is it recomened that the o-ring be taken off and silicon grease be applied before each use?

Cheers

RafDawg

I grease my o-ring the first time that I install my camera on a trip then every 2-3 days after that. If you are shore diving and get sand or other debris on your housing you will need to do it more often. If you are diving from a live-aboard that has a camera table (clean conditions) you should be OK every other day or so. When I open my housing during a trip, it for very short periods of time. I just pop out my CF card & battery then close it immediately. Once my card is downloded and battery charged, Ipop them back in and close my housing.

HTH,
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom