Your latest aquisitions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turtleguy9

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I got a nice e-mail, from one of the older lady divers I know.
I do a lot of guiding dive tours, had taken her a many dives. After and before the dives, I love showing off my photos, of vintage dive gear. She said she had some items of scuba gear she wanted to get rid of, and would I want them?
What do you think? Twin 38 Voit tanks, first hydro 1961, last hydro 1988. Two sets of bands with straps, and a Voit 50 Fathom reg.
Aloha Turtleguy

Best of luck getting that lot serviced!!!:eyebrow:

Service on vintage equipment is not a problem. There are several places here in the states service vintage equipment or you can learn to do it yourself. Unlike the parts for modern equipment that the shops will not sell you, parts for vintage equipment is available to anyone if you look around for them.

Captain

KimLeece:
Best of luck getting that lot serviced!!!:eyebrow:
Aloha Kim, service is not a problem. A lot of vintage gear enthusiasts, are DIY types. But getting it done for you is also easy. For repair check out http://www.vintagescubasupply.com/ or http://www.rebsparts.com/diving/ . For parts like the new production hoses
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/www.vintageaqualungs/Hoses.htm
I rebuild some of the regulators myself, and getting the tanks hydroed, will only take a week or so. I have had several aluminum tanks fail over the years, but these old steel tanks always seem to pass. I have attached a photo, of a rebuilt regulator, beside the one I just received. This one will soon be back in diveable condition, vintage dive ready. Aloha Turtleguy

Here is a Voit Trieste, I picked up on e-bay. Sometimes things are listed wrong, or do not mention the items in the batch of stuff. I did not need the vest, or the tank backpack, but I can recognise the Voit regulator in the picture. I got it rebuilt, and put the nice new grey hoses on it. Its not stock I guess, as it probably would have had the black hoses and mouthpeice
from the factory, but I like how it looks. Its dive ready now, but I have to consider whether or not to use the HP port for a SPG, and should I put and octopus unit on the low pressure port.
Vintage diving to all.
Aloha Turtleguy

A word of warning on those 38s; you're going to fall in love with the balance of those things & you may never want to go back to something as klunky as an aluminum 80 again. :wink:
Keep an eye on the kids at the fill station, most will have never seen a J valve (gotta fill them in the "on - down" position). You may accidentally get hefty fills too, like 3000psi instead of the 1800 or 2250.
Now all ya need is one of those spiffy blue fiberglass backpacks. :)

Getting the Trieste off e-bay was quite a find. I have a Trieste II (which I love), and was wondering whether anyone knows the difference between the Trieste and the Trieste II?

By the way, I just put grey hoses on mine too, as I do like the look. I also just purchased an AMF Swimaster MR-12 regulator. It had a bit of a problem, in that someone had tried to work on it and had twisted the second stage poppet comlpetely in two. Luckily, I was able to get a replacement from Scuba-Tech

He specializes in Dacor and Mares with "Many hard to find parts in-stock." The MR-12 second stage is now repaired, and is my octopus for the Trieste II.

SeaRat

Most recently, Sportsways Double pack and bands, along with a J valve manifold. I've got a friend that has a couple of steel 50's he picked up cheap, and I'm angling for those to builld a twin set.

John C. Ratliff:
Getting the Trieste off e-bay was quite a find. I have a Trieste II (which I love), and was wondering whether anyone knows the difference between the Trieste and the Trieste II?
SeaRat

John,

I had asked the same question myself and the answer I got from Dennis was that "The only difference between it and a Trieste II were the mouthpiece shape and the color of the label."

Hope this helps.

JES

P.S.
I bought a Trieste II on eBay
back in Feburary and it is a
great looking and breathing
double-hose regulator.

Back
Top Bottom