Your idea of ideal twins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why did he have to put in the disclaimer.

"Japanese early twenties"

lamont:
well, on a 'good' multi-level shore NDL dive, I'll usually go from 3500 to 1000 psi on my 130s. that makes for: 2500 psi * ( 130 cu ft / 3500 psi ) = 92 cu ft -- which would only leave 16 cu ft * ( 3500 psi / 200 cu ft ) = 280 psi left in double 100s. cutting rock bottoms that close on doubles doesn't leave a lot of room left for SPG error...
Looking at my typical dive profiles, the difference is probably because my dives aren't as "multi-level" as yours. They aren't square profiles, but except for a gradual ascent and the safety stop I don't hang around much in the shallower depths, where the NDL could be stretched way out if I had more air (and something to look at while breathing it).

Interesting to consider. Makes me want to try doubles, but that's going to have to wait a while (more money and more experience).

Daryl Morse:
Looking at my typical dive profiles, the difference is probably because my dives aren't as "multi-level" as yours. They aren't square profiles, but except for a gradual ascent and the safety stop I don't hang around much in the shallower depths, where the NDL could be stretched way out if I had more air (and something to look at while breathing it).

Interesting to consider. Makes me want to try doubles, but that's going to have to wait a while (more money and more experience).

Yeah, usually we do a deep level and a medium level followed by shallow deco. And with my SAC rate that can chew up the gas pretty good...

Shallow dives and/or wetsuit dives - double al80s, deep dives /w drysuit - double 130s.

BigboyDan:
Ding! Ding !Ding!

I use the OMS LP 85s and 112s as well.

I still prefer the old LP104s because they're more
negative, but they probably won't be available much longer. If you find

I use OMS LP 98s and 112s. I am abt 6' 1" abt 220 now.

Not sure if LP104s mentioned are the same as 112s or 98s (different marketers rate them slightly different for the same size bottle).
But I find the 98s to be too short. In the water it doesn't make difference, but on deck they are a pain to get on and off unless I have a block or something to put under them to prop them up.
The 85's are narrower then the 98s and 112's so they are almost as tall as the 112's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom