your feedback please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

after thinking it over and about the hassels , I forgot about the sheets. I hate to do laundry. so I will only have 3 tents with beds,and I will charge 25 a night. ill make 3 platforms. for those who want to bring their own stuff, ill supply the platform and the bathroom and ill have a cleaning and drying station f or gear with access to a frige or cooler with ice and bbq. my question to you is would you fly with all your tent gear ?

How close is your house to the beach? Will this be a seasonal project or a year round operation? Will you provide transportation for people and gear to the shore? What kind of costs are you needing to offset to make this worthwhile? Is your backyard large enough to host however many guests you invite? What kind of liabilities, laws, or problems may arise by doing this. Do you really want to be woken up every night by these guests using the facilities or partying? How will you market to others and get reservations?

Don't worry about answering these questions on here, but just some thoughts I had when thinking about what you're planning.

If you're considering this as a business, I would strongly consider getting a business plan book from Amazon. The better books will have pages for you to take down notes about your personal plan which will help you to compile it later. This will allow you to get everything down on paper and in front of you. Have some family members or trusted friends look over the plan over to make sure you didn't miss anything, like bed sheets. :D

Good job seeking out information on this board. This is one of the best ways to get useful information from your potential market. I'd like to hear about how it goes in the future.

I'd like to camp out, but it depends on the scenery. $25 is a lot cheaper than anything I've ever seen near diving resorts.

AXL72:
Or, if you set up a hosing station in the backyard, how much mud is that gonna make bak there?

dig a pit a foot or soo deep and fill it with pea gravel and hose into that

great ideas

im going to keep the operation very small, im going to offer the tents only to those who will be diving with me, (www.puertvallartadivers.com) there is local hangout very nice rustic, close to home for those who want to party at night, the outdoor bathrooms are not close to were i sleep so the persons wont be waking me up, public transportation is good here. there is a 20 min walk to catch the bus, it will get you in town in 15 min. we would pick up and leave the divers in mismaloya where they could catch a bus back home and i will just keep the equipment with me. so transportaion is inexpensive. I am looking into the permits and legal responsibilites, so far doesnt seem to bad. About being seasonal, i dont know who would like to sleep in the tent durning the raining season?, although thats when the best diving is in my area.
thanks for the input, it has helped me think this through alot. you can check my website for when it will be finally oopen. for the view, i have a beautiful view of the tropical jungle.

sorry if i misread this but you are gunna make them take a 20 minute bus ride to get to the bus with all their gear?

15.00 per night sounds reasonable. Go for it! follow your idea.

i tried the link and it didnt work... did you forget an o in puerto becuase i added it and found this http://www.puertovallartadivers.com . if it is i could give you some tips on how to spruce your site up. (experienced in HTML/CSS/VB)

thanks for the input.
I will take the gear with me, they will walk with nothing to carry. and yes the website is www.puertovallartadivers.com (i did forget the o. )
15 dollers with an air mattress and tent.

if you are going with air matresses be sure to inflate to reinflate it everyday so they have a nice firm mattress. you would be surprised how much they leak everyday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom