Your favourite Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cressi-Sub Big Eyes is what I am diving with now. But the new Atomic masks are sweet. I have found I can use almost anything though. I prefer a black skirt, low volume, 1-2 window mask. Frameless is also nice

I have one Tusa, one Oceanic, 2 Mares mask sitting on my dive shelf collecting dust as I where a Atomic Ultraclear Framless and my girlfriend wheres Atomic Ultraclear Subframe....Both with black skirt. Its like night and day and nothing compares.

Scubapro flameless ....I'm satisfied

I really, really love my Mantis FFM (I sell a lot of different masks but it's my favorite rec mask)

Mantis_FFM.jpg

I'm using an XS Scuba Fusion mask, 4 window, clear silicone.
I have to have great peripheral vision to enjoy my dives. These masks have fairly low volume for a 4 window mask. Mine's purgeless beause I need to equalize often. I also have a purge model (spare) that I need to try out.
I personally would only want a black sided mask or two window if I was photgraphing, etc.

In addition, I have an eye stigma commonly referred to as "a wandering eye" so even colored frames are distracting to me. And my left eye "needs" to see off to the side as well as in front. This is a fairly common condition, so if you are a "wanderer" and clear skirts and side windows haven't been tried you may prefer them...

The Fusion also seals well for me with a mustache and beard if I get it tight and shave a bit beneath my nose.

First mask was a Genesis Panview Purge. Excellent vision, and I loved the purge...however, because I bought it on the internet, it didn't ever fit me right...so with the constant leak/purge/leak/purge action, I was fogging it up like teenagers in the backseat of a custom van. I also found myself constantly cupping my hands around my face to block the light coming in from the side windows and clear skirt.

Just got my new X-Vision Black (couldn't afford the Demon) in today...and it fits like a dream. Can't wait to get it wet this weekend during my AOW class. I'm rubbing it with toothpaste right now!!!

My Riffe Naida, beautiful, sexy, black, sleek, low profile, and low volume.

Back
Top Bottom