Your Favorite Cruise Itinerary for Diving? Please help me plan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My extended family likes to cruise because it offers something for everyone. I have a fair amount of influence when we choose the sailings, so I've come to you asking for help.

What is your favorite Caribbean big ship 7/8-day cruise itinerary for diving? We generally cruise Royal Caribbean, Norweigian, and Carnival due to the price, but if we can get a deal on another line, we'd consider it :)

We are doing Roatan/Belize/Coz/Costa Maya this year so it will have to be something different next year.

Right now I am looking at Royal Caribbean ships out of San Juan with these itineraries:

San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Willemstad, Curacao; Oranjestad, Aruba

OR

San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Castries, St. Lucia; Pointe A Pitre, Guadaloupe; St. John's, Antigua; St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands

any thoughts?

and I'd love any alternate suggestions you have!

Now I'm also looking at the Celebrity Summit that visits these ports...

San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Croix, U.S.V.I.; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Roseau, Dominica; St. George's, Grenada; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Again, any advice would be much appreciated!

The best diving itinerary I have been on or seen, is western caribbean and goes to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan and Belize. I book my own dives on all locations except Belize...just too hard to get to shore and back to the boat. Carnival runs that out of Tampa and Miami....I like the boat out of Miami better. I have post lots of details about the operators at these ports in other posts....search for my name. Thx!

The best diving itinerary I have been on or seen, is western caribbean and goes to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan and Belize. I book my own dives on all locations except Belize...just too hard to get to shore and back to the boat. Carnival runs that out of Tampa and Miami....I like the boat out of Miami better. I have post lots of details about the operators at these ports in other posts....search for my name. Thx!

What do you like better about the Miami boat?

Much bigger boat. For a 7 day cruise, it was nicer, with more amenities. The Legend out of Tampa is still a nice boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom