Your dream dive-deck set up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A (fresh) water lubricated slide to ride down and just splash in.

At the 15' hang bar: a snoozie station where you can just plug-in, clip-off and go to sleep. Personal headphones playing your choice of music. Choice of beverages while you off-gas. Ikelite™ housing for the PS3 and the flat screen or high speed internet access to ScubaBoard.

You may elect at this point to just off-gass at the 15' Oxygen SI Bar™, and wait for your doffed gear to be returned to you with a filled tank. Of course, you will be gently awakened by one of the Naked Swedish Divemistresses™ (NSDM's) after sufficient SI. Optional foot massages by Helga may be requested.

Crane to haul out your gear so the NSDM's do not become exerted.

A Shamu Sling™ to lift you back up on the deck.

Pre-warmed, fluffy Egyptian Cotton towels for the aforementioned NSDM's to pat you down with after assisting with your lufa exfoliating shower. A Polarfleece robe and bunny booties.

Your camera gear will be carefully rinsed in Evian, and then gently dried by rubbing against the blondish whispy hairs from the inner thighs of the NSDM's. (This is, of course, where the sweat scraped for your Mask Defog came from just a few hours earlier)

Warm chocolate chip cookies like at the Doubletree™ fed to you by the NSDM crew.

Since the hot tub should be located on the Lido deck adjacent to the NSDM Lounge™, I'll leave that out of this thread.

A (fresh) water lubricated slide to ride down and just splash in.

At the 15' hang bar: a snoozie station where you can just plug-in, clip-off and go to sleep. Personal headphones playing your choice of music. Choice of beverages while you off-gas. Ikelite™ housing for the PS3™ and the flat screen or internet access to ScubaBoard.

You may elect at this point to just off-gass at the 15' Oxygen SI Bar™, and wait for your doffed gear to be returned to you with a filled tank. Of course, you will be gently awakened by one of the Naked Swedish Divemistresses™ (NSDM's) after sufficient SI. Optional hang bar foot massages by Helga may be requested.

Crane to haul out your gear so the NSDM's do not become exerted.

A Shamu Sling™ to lift you back up on the deck.

Pre-warmed, fluffy Egyptian Cotton towels for the aforementioned NSDM's to pat you down with after assisting with your lufa exfoliating shower. A Polarfleece robe and bunny booties.

Warm chocolate chip cookies like at the Doubletree™ fed to you by the NSDM crew.

Since the hot tub should be located on the Lido Deck adjacent to the popular NSDM Lounge™, I'll leave that out of this thread.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

We've had this happen twice on our boat. This is not necessarily the failure of boat crew or number of cameras onboard, it's the design of Ikelite dome ports. We will no longer put an Ikelite housing in the rinse tank. We will, however, ask the photographer what he/she wants us to do with it. When you get your new camera, make sure you tell the crew how you want your camera handled. Sorry for your loss.

Frank

Hijack over.

Frank-
No blame implied--it just happened and we never realized until after it happened that the housing design could cause this to happen. Chalk it up as a learning experience!

RoatanMan-
Good ideas all, but I'll pass on the NSDM.....

RoatanMan-

We all should have our own personal 'dream dive decks'.

Yours is stacked with dry Nikon D70's.

geez RoatanMan, if we are going with our 'fantasy' dive deck...
I want a shampoo, rinse, and blowdry style of my hair after every dive, preferably by a young hot dude in a speedo. :D

Yes, I agree about a rinse tank for wetsuits. I really like the Nekton's setup for this - showers at first level of stairs to wash yourself as you take off wetsuit, then a dunk tank for it on the way up to top deck, where there are tons of hangers for all wetsuits hang to dry. :D

Roatan Man... am liking you way of thinking, but Robint... there is no excuse for speedos on my dive deck, no matter what they may be hiding! Its naked shampoo and sets for you or nothing!

There's some great input here. I already have:
-four fresh water rinse tanks- two for cameras one for wetsuits and one for gear
-three hot water showers
-warm air from the compressor room directed on to the wetsuits (engine room air is not a good idea as it is often tainted with fuel or solvent smells)
-a well lit, multi-level camera table
-plentiful shampoo and shower gel in the shower area
-clothes dryer on the dive deck for hot fluffy towels after every dive
-Naked swedish divemistress lounge

Any more? Keep em coming!

Simon

-warm air from the compressor room directed on to the wetsuits (engine room air is not a good idea as it is often tainted with fuel or solvent smells)

I loved this on the Turks and Caicos Explorer...suites were dry after 10 min.

The one thing I always have an issue with (but don't know of a solution) is that the brackets that hold the tanks in place should be somehow adjustable so they can accomidate BC's with two straps on the tank. I always get it so that the bracket is flush with one of the straps and I have to adjust the height of my tank.

The one thing I always have an issue with (but don't know of a solution) is that the brackets that hold the tanks in place should be somehow adjustable so they can accomidate BC's with two straps on the tank. I always get it so that the bracket is flush with one of the straps and I have to adjust the height of my tank.

P1010228.jpg

Frank-
No blame implied--it just happened and we never realized until after it happened that the housing design could cause this to happen. Chalk it up as a learning experience!

RoatanMan-

Maybe a Naked Swedish Dive Man?

OK, now for a serious answer to the OP's question. The only complaints I had on the liveaboard I did was in tank storage. It was WAY too cramped. It wasn't possible to gear up if the guy or gal next to you was getting strapped in. I also didn't like that the tank holders didn't allow for my strap placement. Wher eI need my straps to be was in conflict with the mounts.

Here's what I did like about my trip:

on-deck (under seat) storage for all my dive gear. Plenty of room to keep all my stuff stowed.

Compressor fittings run to each tank. Made it fast and easy to refill all tanks at once between dives.

freshwater (AC condensate) for wash-down on deck after dives.

Sunshades that can be put up when needed so that customers don't get burned to crisp before the week of diving was over.

Camera tank had lines to clip off cameras so they wouldn't be laying on top of each other, and were easy to retrieve.

Mask rinse tank dumped and refilled with fresh water each morning.

XM satellite radio for music anytime / anyplace.

That's about all I got. I like it simple. I don't need air blowers or dressing rooms, or fresh fluffy towels after every dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom