Your 2010 lost & found list.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnAC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay, what did you lose and what did you find while diving this year?

My short list,
  • I lost my Olympus 3010 Camera at Deer Creek 2/18/10.
  • Found a carabineer 1/5/10, and a Free Diver’s Fin at Old Marineland 11/27/10.
IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

Lost an Intova compact torch diving Bonaire, either on the National Park trip, or the Hilma Hooker the next morning. Has my name etched, and was wrapped in yellow shrinkwrap for visibility, in case anyone here found it. I didn't notice it until the afternoon, but my wife has photos of me on the HH dive with the empty bolt snap, and of the previous day with the torch still there.

Apparently the cave line connecting it to the bolt snap severed. If I wanted to beat myself up, I could say the knot came loose, but that would be a first. I had read comments about sharp edges on the hole on the butt of the early Intova torches, but the same reports led me to believe that was fixed. The bolt snap was still attached to my chest D-ring equivalent. And yes, it was also bungied to my BC strap, but that wasn't enough to retain it from dropping away, apparently.

I'll be replacing it soon, and this time, I'll use a small split ring to attach the bolt snap. I don't dive overheads; I'll take the minor entanglement risk I can't cut off over another lost light.

Oh yeah - the mesh bag for my XS-Scuba safety sausage at La Jolla Shores. Snagged on something and pulled out, the uninflated sausage dragging behind me without me realizing. I've changed how I stow and secure it.

Lost my DC500 the first day of diving in St Thomas, in Feb.

Found (at least a buddy did) my DC500 the third day of diving that week!

Killed my trusty old DC500 on Bonaire in June!

Besides that, I discovered GUE and Fundies and Bob Sherwood, and Trace, and a whole new bunch of fun dive buddies in the NY/NJ/PA area, through DNY here on SB.

lost a really nice 35 mm camera and housing in 2002 at grand cayman east end first boat dive there. my girlfriend had it, it was positive bouyant. midway through a 70 ft dive i signal to her "where's the camera?" she points up. i'm like no way..so i look up and its extremely windy that day but i swear i see it. i wave bye to her and the dm leading us panicked saying "no no no." so i'm like trying to look cool in front of new girl friend,, i over look it. i get up to the boat and ask if he can make a loop to look once for it. no luck. it was like only $300.00 bucks to learn next time just go get it. anyway it had nice images of us and i'm sure it made its way to south america or africa. this year i found a 1906 fire extinguisher thread on cap, possibly a makeshift scuba tank top. 3 hoop nets ( one in gull lake), about 8 anchors, a pair of oakly "dangerous" glasses (179.00 bucks) oh yea 45 dollars in cash in a change purse that was submerged for a while. an old fin in a high altitude lake. boat seat-the whole thing.oh yea and timex ironman triathalon watch that i'm wearing, a completely buried buried 20 lb weight belt that has become my regular gear. oh yea and i almost left out- a bunch of crazy and insane divers in southern california having fun. happy new year

Found a reflector with goodman handle. Lost my Cree dive light.

I lost a red filter for my Sanyo Xacti.

My wife spit in her mask, dipped it over the side to rinse it, and lost it. We found it on that dive.
She also dropped a weight pouch from her LadyHawk. We dove the same site a couple days later and found it.

That's pretty much it.

I lost my DC1200 at the Washing Machine (Gordon Rocks) in Galapagos in July on the last dive of the trip along with all my photos on the memory card.

Wish I had the photos.... :\

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom