You know you're a COLDWATER diver when....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you go "Woo hoo -- water's 65F, time to get rid of the hood", and people look at you like you're from Mars.

... when you dive the Caribbean in nothing but a speedo and complain the water is too warm.
... when you dive the Caribbean and you don't own a wetsuit.
... when you dive the Caribbean and you're the only person on the boat putting corn starch, baby powder, or talcum inside your wetsuit seals.
... when you start classifying 80ft + dives as "Night Diving".
... when you start stuffing a sock down the front of your thermal wear to keep Big Jim and the twins warm because you have a hot date later that night. :eyebrow:

When you run into a neighbour in town and he says "Did you see that idiot out in the lake yesterday?"

(Followed by a priceless look on his face as comprehension suddenly set in...)

You know when you're a cold-water diver when very little of the complaining in this thread sounds familiar to you - when you've learned how to prepare for a dive so that 40F water seems like just another day in the lake and you know you won't be uncomfortable.

Though I have to admit, this sounds familiar...
Nay:
You almost prefer diving during the winter so you don't risk overheating while gearing up. (It's that time of year again.)

Canadian_Diver:
... when you complain after a dive that you had some savage nut-squeeze going on at 30 feet.

That happened to me at 30 meters before. That was mostly due to a compressed wetsuit and forgetting what happens to the crotch strap when you orient yourself head down.... :11:

SeanQ:
That happened to me at 30 meters before. That was mostly due to a compressed wetsuit and forgetting what happens to the crotch strap when you orient yourself head down.... :11:

Yah, my buddy dives a 2pc wetsuit and is ALWAYS complaining about the nether-regions squeeze. LOL!

He's seriously considering a drysuit.

You know it's cold when the lovely Australian couple touring Scotland in the middle of winter stop there car on the way past you kitting up in the snow and ask in amazement, "are you guys going in there" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then proceed to take your photograph.

... ... when you complain after a dive that you had some savage nut-squeeze going on at 30 feet.
:11: LOL!

Ishie: I think women in wetsuits ARE hot

DB

MASS-Diver:
You need to buy a P-valve now :)

Now THAT is a great invention.

I'd put one in my wetsuit, if I ever actually planned on wearing it again. :cool:

Terry

Back
Top Bottom