You Know It's time the kids went back to school when......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the teachers you know start to get grumpy, and complain about "hating those 'back to school' sales" :)

(Actually, I look forward to it.)
Mike

Back to school for us (wife, 12 yo boy and 10 yo girl) means...

The resumption of daily "homework wars" from 3pm-9pm...

The agony of getting kids out of bed at 6am...

The agony of getting kids INTO bed at 9:30am...

conferences, concerts, projects...

(Alex! It is 6am, where am I going to find 200 albino gerbils before 7am! When did you GET this project?! Two MONTHS AGO! !@#$!@#$@#$)

Etc.

Long live summer time!

Ken

Heathens!

I don't have any kids but I live next door to a Junior High School whose students are 6-8th grades. When school lets out every day, they cut through my yard..which is really no big deal...but they have no business looking in my windows or going INTO my garage! At the ages of these kids, if I say too much to them, I'll come home to find broken windows or worse.

So maybe I'm one of the few who look forward to the end of school every year!

kwesler once bubbled...
The agony of getting kids out of bed at 6am...

The agony of getting kids INTO bed at 9:30am...

I'd put you through agony too if you made me sleep 20.5 hours a day!!

:jester:

jonnythan once bubbled...

I'd put you through agony too if you made me sleep 20.5 hours a day!!

:jester:

LOL jonnythan! You are very observant. I didn't catch her messing up on the bedtime AM thing!

do I go back and edit so I do not look so silly...or let it ride...

OH WHAT THE HECK...have at me!!:jester:

I don't worry about my kids homework/projects.
My understanding is that the school assigns it therefor it's their job to ensure it gets done.
I don't ask the school parent my kids so why should they expect me to teach academics.
If my child is having problems I find a tutor. This avoids a few of the wars.
I bought alarm clocks for my boys. If they don't get to school on time then the natural consequence is they go to bed 1/2 hour earlier the next night because they obviously need more sleep.
I HATE power struggles and will try almost anything to avoid them.

If you edit it no one will know what jonnythan was talking about. Of course, if you do edit it then he'll be the one that looks silly! LOL :mean:

Phoenix once bubbled...
Work Kayla?
I didnt think you could work that young over there :)
my friend keeps moaning that she cant get a job yet because shes too young and so she cant buy anything etc etc etc
keep having to send her english candys to shut her up hehehe :)

Maybe its an Idaho thing that she cant work though, oh well! *shrugs* I had to get some sort of special permit to work at 14 over here.. (i think i was crazy at the time, asking for permission to work? what was i thinking!)
Things have changed. There aren't as many lines of irrigation pipe that need to be moved by hand these days. (Need to keep those potatoes watered.) Also, the kids don't seem to want to move it anymore! I never thought it was all that bad. Sixteen seems to be the magic age for entry into the world of employment around these parts. I doubt that it is all that different from the rest of the country.

My son keeps talking about quitting school at 16. We tell him sure, but you'll have to get a job - good luck!
Maybe, I'll suggest he could move to Idaho and get a good job watering potatoes?
Maybe, school will start to look a little better?
I'm all for a good dose of reality to help "educate".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom