You have GOT TO BE KIDDING!- New Aqualung BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has an oral inflator hose that sits tucked away under the velcro strap on the left shoulder. It has a mouth piece that has to be pushed in lightly to open. It can be replaced by a normal inflator for instructors or others who'd prefer that though.
I've had the jacket demonstrated to me at the dive show of last weekend in Holland. I must admit that a system like this has it's drawbacks. But on the other hand it's technical layout is better than the pneumatically operated system from Mares. This system uses push-pull rods that are maintenance free. I was most sceptical about the position of the lever, but I must admit when I tried it on, its very easily found and operated. By the way, could you please stop dismissing all new things with the easy "entanglement risk" argument? Inflator gone, one entanglement risk less.
P.S. I'm not in any way promoting this product or something, I'm in fact a DIR-oriented diver. But I keep an open mind and try something out before I talk about it. This system really provides intuitive control of the air volume in your BC. It doesn't provide buoyancy control without proper training, but no system does that. Less "task loading" through intuitive controls, always in the same position. Good.

Ronald K:
...snip... By the way, could you please stop dismissing all new things with the easy "entanglement risk" argument? ...

I'll assume you aren't talking to me as this is the first new thing I have dismissed due to an entanglement risk.

To attempt to clarify the risk that concerned me, and which initiated my OP, should the lever become entangled...air will be added / released from the BCD which could cause an easily rectifiable situation to become worse. Its HIGHLY UNLIKELY that this would occur with a standard 'button' LP inflator becoming entangled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom