You guys caught my attention!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would you need to remove the label and risk breaking a tab? I have never had to remove one yet, and have always been able to clean the bottom can with the label in place by just using some care. Make sure to avoid getting even the fumes of MEK on the label paint for any extended length of time. The only tab I had break on me was one on my RAM that "looked" like it had a crack at the bend when I first got it, so I "tested" it with a very, very slight pry and sure enough it did break! Someone else had obviously removed it, weakened the tab, and left it for the next guy (me) to break. However, as Nemrod said, not all would be lost, and double sided tape (the thin type) works fine- for me so far.

Also, often the original mouthpiece is fine while the hoses are completely shot like the ones in your picture. At least the bite tabs look like they are in good shape.

It looks to me like this reg was very unused and was never opened...the case has almost no scratches...there were no tool marks on the clips etc. After removing the label I realized that it probably could have stayed in place because the can needs almost no cleaning. Sigh...wish I would have seen your post earlier. Anyway I was very careful ala Nemrod's instructions so I may have gotten away with taking it off...but I suspect this is a one time deal. I may get it back on but I doubt the tabs would take a second insult at a later date.
And you are right about the mouthpiece, it's in almost original condition but it does have a rather uncomfortable feel. Something I'm sure I would get accustomed to but I ordered a silicon one anyway just to give it a try.

Cheers,
Bill

Back
Top Bottom