Yoke Light Any Good? Fathom pak a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A bright HID light is great in murky water. But way overkill in the caribean!!!
I disagree, I worked in the Keys and did night dives at least weekly and used my 10w HID on everyone of them. I usually had a gaggle of divers following me around cause I was throwing so much more light then their PT 400s. That being said, the coolest part of the dive was when I turned my light off and hung in the darkness for the last 10-15 minutes.

The critters tend not to appreciate the bright light. Nor do I, I'd be swimming the other direction so I could have an actual night dive!

I like to use Glo-Toobs fx-7for my tank light, I give 1 to each diver when we are night diving and have not had any problems, my back up is a PC-A from Ikelight, these seem to be bright for the size that they are, I use both a Green Force LED and a UK HID for my primary. as with a primary I would go with what you can afford, lights seem to be priced that you get what you pay for.

I am doing my AOW night dive at blue hole. Nothing special but it is my first so I need lights :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom