Yet another new DM candidate--PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That wasn't a complaint, BTW, there really wasn't anywhere else we could do it at the time.

If one has an opportunity to do all of the swims in the ocean vs the pool, would it be a good idea to wait? This opportunity I'm talking about is not until February, which isn't that far away but I don't want to pass my time in Cozumel worrying about doing DM swims.... unless it makes good sense to do them there... thoughts?
btw, twinkles, I admire you for working on your swims. That is exactly what I plan to start doing (I really just started on the DM).

.....but I don't want to pass my time in Cozumel worrying about doing DM swims....

Completely up to you and each individual.....but for me personally....as long as I'm paying for my trip to Cozumel.....well, we do all of our training for these types of trips....to dive and enjoy....not to do more training. I'm loathe to do any training dives while I'm on "vacation"...that's what the quarry is for back home.

Now, if my trip is comp'd and I'm there to DM or Instruct....that's different. But I do try to avoid any training while on vacation. It's purely because of the restrictions placed on you when it's a training dive.

Each person is different though, and many folks love to accomplish something while on vacation...perfectly understandable....why do your OW checkouts in a 50 degree quarry in December when you can go to Coz and do them in 78 degree water?

Me personally....I'm on vacation....no worries.....no training.....dive, enjoy, relax.

That is where I am at, I have no desire to worry about some training requirements while on vacation. I'll talk to my instructor about doing it in the pool. I *am* going down as either a DM or DM candidate but the trip is being paid for my lil 'ol me so....

I think that was the best thing my Instructor had me do was get the pool work out of the way. It was not easy however I won't have to worry about that for a while.

Well, the local pool is 25yds across I just found out. My instructor says we can do it but for the 800yd swim I'll only have to traverse it 64 times and the 400yd 32 times... I'm rethinking this one...

That didn't look right after I typed it, and gasp, broke out the calculator... the 800 will take 32 and the 400 16... the 400 I can do but may save the 800 for the ocean...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom