Yet another drowning and training.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We didn't need to be called out yesterday but a gentleman in his late 70's fell out of his boat and drowned in the south end of Coeur d'Alene Lake.

Today I took one of the FNG's out for dive #6. I let him lead the dive, which ended up at 90'. Vis was around the 20' range. He had a 50-minute TBT and buoyancy control like a very seasoned veteran.

I on the other hand have been having a very small leak in my right cuff. Today I found it when my cuff came off at 90’.

Some are laughing wondering just how wet I got. Hahaha only my right arm got soaked. Keeping the arm pointed down kept the H2O out and I finished the dive just fine.

It’s a darn good thing it happened on a play, oops training dive.

Our bet is for at least one more drowning in the next few days. We hope not.

Gary D.

Man, you guys stay busy. In the 9 months I've been on the team, we've only had 4 callouts. The closest thing I've had to a body was last Thurs on training, when the instructor had secretly hidden a training dummy. Definately a maalox moment when I bumped into him. Vis was around 3", and he literally smacked me in my mask.

ReefGuy:
Man, you guys stay busy. In the 9 months I've been on the team, we've only had 4 callouts. The closest thing I've had to a body was last Thurs on training, when the instructor had secretly hidden a training dummy. Definately a maalox moment when I bumped into him. Vis was around 3", and he literally smacked me in my mask.
Consider yourself very lucky.

Spokane is right next door and they are making us look slow.

Gary D.

That sucks. But who needs PFD's in a canoe in a 100 acre 25' deep lake?

The family must be devistated.

Gary D.

Yeah, not only did they lose one son, but both sons.

Gary, Yeah the dad ID'd the bodies for the coroner and it was not the best of times. He took it better then I think I would have though. Shock hadn't worn off yet.

Sad beyond belief. Hows your team doing? You're in our prayers.

Gary D.

PD_Medic:
Gary, Yeah the dad ID'd the bodies for the coroner and it was not the best of times. He took it better then I think I would have though. Shock hadn't worn off yet.

Thoughts and prayers going that direction... thats rough!

ReefGuy:

Did that with a real one. Interesting moment.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom