Yesterday’s Urchin Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I imagine hotels aren't cheap, are they?

I imagine hotels aren't cheap, are they?
It depends.
If you want a 5 star with a fireplace and a hot tub then yeah it will be $600 night and up, but there are places much less. Things have changed since the pandemic and it seems everything is up as the new normal. So I just gotta see.
Campgrounds are still cheap.

This is very tempting.

@BoundForElsewhere,
Here is Timber Cove Resort’s website.

This is about top of the line for the area. I must admit that some of their rooms and the views are absolutely stunning.
There are a lot more places than this too, including a lot of Airbnb’s and VRBO’s. This is just an example of premium.

I’ll tell you what, you’ve motivated me to start a Norcal dive magazine: Articles on Scubaboard related to where to stay, dive, and eat/drink on the North Coast. Plus info on the dive shops for gear, rentals, air fills, etc.
Plus a local buddy listing and area guides.

Much cooler than Thailand
Yeah no kidding!
It’s supposed to be over 100 this weekend here, probably 104 at my house. I will drive for 50 minutes to Bodega Bay and be in 72 degrees with a slight breeze. That’s why houses cost what they cost here.

...and it’s cold.
Only if you are soft. Some of us dive without gloves up here.

Although I wear a hood, I'm not insane.

Yeah no kidding!
It’s supposed to be over 100 this weekend here, probably 104 at my house. I will drive for 50 minutes to Bodega Bay and be in 72 degrees with a slight breeze. That’s why houses cost what they cost here.

People wonder why houses in SF are so expensive... when its 75 in SF and 108 in San Jose.
We had a heatwave so bad I had to open a window last year.

Here’s another place close by Stillwater Cove.
I found a few motels for $70 but I have no idea where they are in relation to the diving. I can't see spending a butt-ton of money on a hotel when I'd rather be outside. Clean sheets and good water pressure is all I need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom