"Yes, we have no bananas.."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow....I never knew so much about bananas! I have a friend with a tree with fruit on it. Thanks Jenny...I'll tell him about the dying-clip-the-bulb thing.

'Tasha...are these those little short fat nanners? Those are my favorites!

Short and fat. Is that a hint that you're coming over for some?
I hope so..
It's a prefect time with Jordan coming home from college tomorrow.

It might be a bit late for cutting off the bulb if the bananas are already turning yellow. I usually cut the bulb when I notice no more bananas are being produced. I would cut the stalk now. When I have a stalk, I cut it and loop a rope around the top end, then hang it inside... I really don't know if there is any benefit except the tree is liable to fall. When I had trees, I ran my washing machine water to them. They LOVE water. I very rarely used bleach or anything else to wash my clothes (besides only using cold water) and I had the nicest, fat, little sweet bananas you could imagine. YUM!!! Those store bought ones don't even come close!

Scranton, PA

Harry Chapin!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Natasha, when I find myself overrun with bananas, (What? What are you all looking at? It happens!), I slice them and put them into baggies and freeze them. You can eat them just like that, they're yummy!
Or freeze them whole and use them in smoothies. I am a big fan of smoothies.

And I am also a huge fan of the dancing banana.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

In fact, I am a moderator on another board, and he has been my avatar for about a year now. He has a new Christmas outfit now:

Wow Sue! I love it. Freezing them is a great idea. I never knew you could freeze them.
P.S. What is the other board you moderate?
If you don't mind me asking...

You can also freeze them whole, in the peeling. When I can't eat them before they get too ripe for my tastes, I put them in the freezer like that until I have at least 6 of them. Then I use them to make the best banana bread in the world! There is a neat trick to using them like this, too....let them thaw in a bowl, still in the peeling. After they've thawed, cut or tear off the stem end, and then hold it upside down and squeeeeeze down from the blossom end, pushing the whole banana out. It is already softened up and ready for baking!

I make the motion that we ban the dancing banana from the smiles menu. All in favor??????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom