Yes!!! [Warning: Dark and Morbid humor]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNScuba

Reaction score
I just got a call from the Sheriff’s Department, they want me to become a member of their search and rescue dive team! I applied a few months ago and never heard anything back and they called me this morning!!! I am SO excited! I have to go to a meeting tomorrow at 6:30 for an overview... this is like a dream come true!

Based on what I know of how many teams are run, trained and equiped I'm not sure wether to congradulate you or not.

How about I just wish you a long life.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Based on what I know of how many teams are run, trained and equiped I'm not sure wether to congradulate you or not.

How about I just wish you a long life.

Works for me!

Pug,

Yes they are, I will have more information after tomorrow's overview meeting and will post more details then.

I have a few friends that are rescue / recovery divers with different police forces around the country. They deserve a lot of credit to dive in the conditions and do the things they do. I would never think that kind of diving would be fun. At best it's got to be work and it must be extremely trying on your emotions.

Reaching around in some mud puddle until you feel a human head that is bloated from being in the water so long...sounds like fun.

I guess someone has got to do it....what about the hopeless 4 year old girl who falls thru the ice and your the first one to see her lifeless eyes as she is holding her favorite teddy bear. Right beside her is her favorite dog named Fido..whom she wanted to bring back off the ice.

Instead, all three drowned. The girl, teddy bear, and fido. Its your job, ohh yes, and it is a job..to go down there are retrieve all three. But wait..there is more. When you surface with all three, you get to be met by the frantic parents. They start screaming in denial, as the father critizes you for not being fast enough. He says your bouyancy sucks, your gear is not DIR recommended, and you tore her teddy bear.

:confused:

jepuskar once bubbled...
Reaching around in some mud puddle until you feel a human head that is bloated from being in the water so long...sounds like fun.

I guess someone has got to do it....what about the hopeless 4 year old girl who falls thru the ice and your the first one to see her lifeless eyes as she is holding her favorite teddy bear. Right beside her is her favorite dog named Fido..whom she wanted to bring back off the ice.

Instead, all three drowned. The girl, teddy bear, and fido. Its your job, ohh yes, and it is a job..to go down there are retrieve all three. But wait..there is more. When you surface with all three, you get to be met by the frantic parents. They start screaming in denial, as the father critizes you for not being fast enough. He says your bouyancy sucks, your gear is not DIR recommended, and you tore her teddy bear.

:confused:
Jesus that's morbid... You are right though...it would be hard to maintain good buoyancy and trim with all that going on...I would probably rig some bolt snaps to Fido and clip him off like a stage.

O-ring once bubbled...

Jesus that's morbid... You are right though...it would be hard to maintain good buoyancy and trim with all that going on...I would probably rig some bolt snaps to Fido and clip him off like a stage.

Yea, and just think what ol' Dad will say when you get out of the water with Fido strapped to you

MNScuba - More power to you, your a better man than I

Its an ugly job but someone has to do it, and you couldn't pay me enough.

JeffG once bubbled...

Yea, and just think what ol' Dad will say when you get out of the water with Fido strapped to you

Just tell 'em that its the daughters fault for not bringing the leash.....

Jepuskar - you sure know how to paint a picture........ but its true

SS

Back
Top Bottom