Yes, Another Exposure Suit Question for Coz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned from 2 wks of diving. 25 total dives. I have a few extra lbs and dove with a 3/2 wetsuit. Water temps were 80 - 82 and mostly at 81. I was always comfortable and did get chilled once or twice at the surface interval when the sun went behind the clouds. Almost everyone I dove with had some kind of wetsuit except the kids in their 20's. Even they sometimes got cold.

I'm the same. I usually get in 20+ dives over a week to 10 days and dive a 3/2 BARE full body, no hood. I tend to be hot natured but am comfortable in this wetsuit. Towards the end of the week I can feel a chill down deep sometimes but never uncomfortable. Never get too hot where letting some water in the suit doesn't cool me off just fine.

Diving a 3mm full suit should be just fine for you. I dove Roatan in November around Thanksgiving in just a spring shorty (rental). I remember water temps only being around mid 70's during that time. I'm not a big guy however (5' 9" and about 150 lbs at that time). I tended to get a little chilled by the end of 50-60 min dive @ 60 ft. Just dove Coz in May of 2011 doing 2 to 3 dives a day for 5 days using a longsleeved shorty and a hydroskin under the suit for a little more core warmth.

Never got cold or too hot while under (my temp gauge was reading 76 to 78 degrees for the week) I also dive with full 5mm booties as I have to have booties on for my Seawing Novas. I would recommend using the booty that gives you the best fit while its in your fin. You really don't want any slap or sloshing in your foot pocket when diving in the current. Just like with ski boots... you're loosing power and efficiency if you've got to much movement in your foot pocket. Feet never got too hot ever. One other thing to take into consideration with Cozumel and drift diving is.... You're drifting... kind of just flying along!! you're not going to spend much energy kicking (if any at all). So you're not going too create much core warmth from having to work unless your trying to swim against the current for long periods of time.

Happy diving!! :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom