Yes ANOTHER dive spot location QUESTION!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boats

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Down by Columbus, or somewhere in that location, is a place called Circleville Twin Quarry.

There is a website, but the information is scarce. How's the diving? Can anyone give me some insight? Thoughts?

Thanks!

From the web:

Thanks for visiting! Circleville Twin Quarries and Todd's Scuba Sales is located in Central Ohio, about 30 miles south of Columbus. The park is 70 acres with two gravel quarries open for scuba and snorkeling. We also have camping and picnic facilities. Large shelter houses are located at each quarry with steps leading down into the water.

Here's the URL: Todd's Scuba Sales, Inc.

Thanks everyone!

Down by Columbus, or somewhere in that location, is a place called Circleville Twin Quarry.

There is a website, but the information is scarce. How's the diving? Can anyone give me some insight? Thoughts?

Thanks!

From the web:

Thanks for visiting! Circleville Twin Quarries and Todd's Scuba Sales is located in Central Ohio, about 30 miles south of Columbus. The park is 70 acres with two gravel quarries open for scuba and snorkeling. We also have camping and picnic facilities. Large shelter houses are located at each quarry with steps leading down into the water.

Thanks everyone!

I have dove here once. It is small and shallow. It makes for an easy place to go and practice skills. In fact that is what most quarries are good for skill practice. There is a member on here, by the handle of Skyking he dives circleville every tuesday night. It is quite a drive for you though.

Circleville actually has two quarries, both about 100 feet wide and 500 long. Both about 18 feet deep. Southern one has some things to see, including a light airplane (Cessna or similar). North one does nopt have much. It's about a 45 minute drive for me, so it is close. Been there a few times, think I've seen about everrything I'm going to see there. I'd rather go to Gilboa or white Star.

Ken

Thanks!

From the web:

Thanks everyone!

Boats, Come hop a charter with us and don't spend the gas money to go to Circleville.

Looking to contacting Bruno's for a boat charter next Saturday. (and to tease Hooser I have no commercial affiliation with any shop, boat, or body of water but have been trying to be a male model for speedo for three years.)

Hey Busdiver!

Whats the skinny for next weekend? Can you post or PM me details?

Thanks man!

ScubaGirl will want to go!

It's not a bad quarry, just smaller. Great one to get in the spring because it warms up the soonest. I've been there once and it was fun for one time, good for doing navigation because it is small. I wouldn't drive out of my way to go there though.

Boats, Come hop a charter with us and don't spend the gas money to go to Circleville.

Looking to contacting Bruno's for a boat charter next Saturday. (and to tease Hooser I have no commercial affiliation with any shop, boat, or body of water but have been trying to be a male model for speedo for three years.)

Funny, funny guy. :mooner:

Charles S Price Trip

Dive the Great Storm's "Mystery Wreck"
Host:Bruno's Dive Shop
Type:Trips - Daytrip
Network:Global
Date:Saturday, July 18, 2009
Time:2:00pm - 6:00pm
City/Town:port Sanilac, MI
Phone:5867922040
Email:bruno@brunosdiveshop.com

Description

Our Saturday PM tripon the 18th July (departing at 2PM) will be to dive the wreck of the Charles S Price, turtled in the Great Storm of 1913 and the cause of much debate and heartache at the time.

$110 for a 2 dives on the 500' wreck + 1 on either the Regina or the Sport (it's a 1913 Special!).

Limited places but still room for a couple of small ones.... book to reserve yours:
1. Tracey Barba
2. Phil Robson
3. Johnny Hollywood
4. Chris Cook
5. Parker Murphy
6. Paula Coffey
7. Randy Lyons
8. John Derbabian
9. James Tasant
10. Keith Lumma

I was told three days ago by Bruno's that this trip was full

How colds the water? How often does he run thse trips? How deep are those wrecks?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom