Yemen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nipi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone have any personal experience of, or other information regarding, diving in Yemen. Thanks.

Hi nipi,
after you questioned Yemen diving last year on this board, there is some additional information on Yemen destinations (without danger of being hostage/guest of local tribesmen) - but not yet ready to be released.
Send a private message and you may join the mailing list. I hope, that dive facilities in Yemen are operative for the coming winter season.
Rembert

article copied in April 2005 concerning S/Y Katharina M skippered by Maurizio P.

Tourists rescued off Yemen’s coast
By Yemen Times News Services & Staff
-------------------------------------
Sana’a, Yemen, April 23- A source at the security office of the U.S. Hunt Oil Company told the Yemen Times today that a towboat owned by the company rushed to rescue 12 European tourists and the crew from a sinking yacht four days ago. No one was injured in the incident.The source added that the sinking yacht was about 21 nautical miles west of Safirshib area, off the Yemeni coast. A marine source said on Thursday that the yacht, called Katarina M, capsized off the coast of Hudeidah in western Yemen with 12 European tourists and crewmembers on board, including women.

The boat was en route to the Yemeni island of Badih when it capsized. It was towed to the nearby port of al-Salif for repair.

Katerina M has been under water a few times. I saw her in port Sudan 2001, then she was being restored after some time on the bottom after hitting a reef in Sudan.

I would also be really interested in Yemeni diving, or more specifically diving Hanish Islands, Jabal At Tair and Suqar Islands via liveaboard that offers minimum three dives a day.

Info would be very much appreciated.

cheers

Christian

Back
Top Bottom