yearly maintenance cost of OTS Guardian FFM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vilinsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know the cost associated with the yearly maintenance of the OTS Guardian FFM?

That depends on the amount of use. Service parts are a bit pricey (but less than the AGA) and you should either take the course to do the service yourself or find someone you trust. I don't service mine every year, but when I feel it needs it.

Hi Vilinsky,

With the purchase of the Guardian, your first year of service is free.

The following years from then on, the Annual Maintenance Service cost is $165 if you send it OTS, which includes parts and labor. You can see the repair rates here : Repair Rates | Ocean Technology Systems

You can take the online class, which consists of a powerpoint to guide you through breaking down the mask and regulator to bare bones, then putting back it together. After the powerpoint, you will be prompted to take a 30 question quiz, and when you score 100%, you will be authorized to order spare parts and service the mask as a certified tech. The cost of the online class is $185- which includes your tool kit (85$) and the online class portion (100$). You can see the OTS Guardian Course Description here : OTS Guardian Technician Course Description | Ocean Technology Systems

The class portion it will reduce your annual maintenance cost for the mask and regulator in the future. Once you become a tech, you can order a spare annual maintenance kit for $69- and perform any troubleshooting issues on your own if the need arises, which is nice if you are at a remote dive site that you can be self sufficient.

If you don't want to deal with any of that and you are looking for a Technician to take care of the Annual Service of the mask, you can check out our Guardian Service Locator. Just type in your address. You can check that out here : Authorized OTS Guardian Mask Service Centers | Ocean Technology Systems

Hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can help out with. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom