Yeah!! I've logged my 50th dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Thank you Thank you :D

I know.. I can get a little excited at times and I thank ya all for reading my post. One thing about the scuba community... I have found the friendliest bunch of people to spend money and time with :D

scubatim2004:
Congrats on you 50th dive. I at the moment am at 38 but hope to hit 50 Sept. 30th thats when I do my Rescue Diver cert dives. Then it's on to Divemaster woo woo.

I also hope to do the Flower Gardens this summer, any info you could supply on that trip would be appreciated.

Once again Congrats and enjoy the next 50!!!

I booked my trip thru www.caribbeandiveshop.com (Dave and Sunday are the owners and are super) and it seems like they will be taking another trip out but I'm not sure when. You can always go to the boat's website at www.gulf-diving.com and check out which dive shops have the boats booked for what days tho.

It's a live-aboard and depending on which days you go.... well, we were on there from Sunday night to mid-afternoon Wednesday. We did 5 dives Monday, 4 dives Tuesday and 2 dives Wednesday morning. You bring all of your own gear, including tanks and weights (unless you use Nitrox). It is "advanced" diving I believe but I'm not sure they require an AOW cert or not. I have mine and so did my buddy, but I dont know if everyone had to have it.

I was worried about the food because I have to eat very regularly and diving makes it even more critical, but those guys on the MV Spree had food out and ready for us at any time we came thru the galley. We had everything from brisket to chicken or beef fajitas to spaghetti with meatballs... mango salsa, breakfast burritos, blueberry pancakes, monkey bread, german chocolate cake and chocolate chip brownies. And all the water and lemonade you can drink! They had cokes and beer for sale as well, but I was perfectly content with the water and lemonade. They had bananas (potassium is supposed to help you avoid muscle cramps) and the last day of the trip, we had a fantastic banana pudding.

The sleeping quarters are tight but you do so much diving and are so exhausted, or at least I was, that you dont care!

It did take me a few days to get over the swaying tho :D

Congratulations ... may your enthusiasm never wane ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Go Karen, Go Karen!!!!... Now you can change your dive number in your profile. Nice work my friend. Congrats!

maggs_the:
Had Oilman :gorgeous: :cowboy: as my dive buddy And had more food than I could possibly have imagined. :icescream

That's Oilman66. Lest ye forget the "66"! :wink:

maggs_the:
last week i spent Saturday night thru Wednesday afternoon on the MV Spree out of Freeport (or Houston) Texas and got to dive the Texas Flower Gardens, Stetson Bank and a platform.

Sweet! Congrats on 50 dives. Flower Gardens is a pretty nice place to reach that number too. I've been out there twice, and I'm headed out there again tomorrow! Woohoo! :) I should be on the Spree again with Capt. Frank and Melanie. They're great people and they make everyone feel right at home on their ship. The trips out to the gardens have got to be the biggest bargain in liveaboard diving.

congradulations on turning 50 LOL, Since I only have 5 that still seems like a mile a way. And sounds like you did it with style.......

Congratulations! Sounds like you passed the fifty with style!

ereediver:
congradulations on turning 50 LOL, Since I only have 5 that still seems like a mile a way. And sounds like you did it with style.......
whatgoesdown:
...you passed the 50 with style.......
LOL ... if you knew me, you'd know how funny that sounds that i did it "with style" .. :D but i had fun, that's for sure!

have fun on your Catalina trip (per your countdown ereedive). that's a trip i'd like to make someday.

Back
Top Bottom