Yeah!!!!!!! Im certified from NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Lover

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I just finished my open water certification last weekend(April11/12th) . Went to Crystal River in Florida and also snorkeled with the manatees. What a great experience. Hope to do some diving this summer at Dutch Springs PA. Also hoping to go to the Bahamas with Mar-vel Dive shop in Pennsauken NJ. I live in Northern NJ about 5 minutes from NYC. My fiance is also a diver. Would love to meet other divers, couples. Im am so hooked on this sport already. I've got the bug. I hope I hit the lottery :)
Colleen

It's a great way to meet local divers, also a great way to learn more about topics related to diving. Members come from all over metro NYC (including the swamps of Jersey). We meet once a month at a restaurant on the east side. Meetings include a presentation by an expert in a field related to diving.

Over the last year we have had Pete Nawrocky, of Dive Rite, Bernie Chowdhury, Author of The Last Dive (who is also a club member), Dr. Bill Hamilton, a long time researcher in diving physiology and medecine, Chief Master Sargeant TIm Malloy of the Combat Search and Rescue and Air Force Para-Rescue Jumpers, Jim Weber of the Jones Beach US Coast Guard Station, and many others. The talks are usually fascinating and informative.

I joined the club because I wanted to meet other NY area divers. When I joined there were no divers among my friends. Now I have a handful of buddies whom I dive with semi-regularly.

Take a look at this link and come by in May if you want to find out more. Bring your fiance with you.

http://www.seagypsies.org/

Manatee Lover once bubbled...
Hi,
I just finished my open water certification last weekend(April11/12th) . Went to Crystal River in Florida and also snorkeled with the manatees. What a great experience. Hope to do some diving this summer at Dutch Springs PA. Also hoping to go to the Bahamas with Mar-vel Dive shop in Pennsauken NJ. I live in Northern NJ about 5 minutes from NYC. My fiance is also a diver. Would love to meet other divers, couples. Im am so hooked on this sport already. I've got the bug. I hope I hit the lottery :)
Colleen

Congrats Colleen!! Just got certified last Sept with my hubby, and I can testify the addiction sets in quick!! The lottery will come in real handy when purchasing all your equipment & planning those diving trips!!:wink:

Welcome and Congrats! I was just down in Crystal River back in March and did the snorkel with the manatees, as well as a couple dives (a night dive down the Rainbow River, 3 Sisters Springs and a cavern which I can't remember the name of). Who did you go out with? I went with American Pro Diving Center. They were awesome!

Tom
:wink: =-) :wink:

Congratulations.
The wife and I were at Crystal River last August. The manatees were cool!
I was at Dutch Springs this past Saturday. A bit cold and rainy. Water temp 44 deg. Gave the drysuit a good workout. It's a good place to practice and brush up on your diving.
We're from central NJ (Bridgewater). Let me know if you need any info.

Good Luck.

Dutch Springs is a great place to practice your skills and hone your diving basics.You also meet alot of good people who share the same enthusiasm as yourself,welcome to the fold,dive safe!!

ASTA----

SCUBA STEVE

Welcome to the world of diving! I'm jealous about the snorkeling with manatees!

Good luck with the lottery -- I'm trying to win one myself, but I'm over here in Oregon, so we aren't competing against each other. In the absence of the winning ticket, I highly recommend checking out all the various forums on scuba board. They'll help you save a lot of money in the long run, by helping you do things like: buy the RIGHT piece of gear in the FIRST place, find the best way to take care of your gear so it lasts longer, and maybe even find the best place to buy or service your gear.

Anyway, welcome to scuba-board!

otter-cat

Hi, congrats on the certs. I am from fl and have wanted to dive with the manatees since I got certified. I am soooo jealous.

Jessica

Back
Top Bottom