Yay/Nay? Courtyard by Marriott Bonaire Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone ever stay at Courtyard by Marriott Bonaire Dive Resort? Does it have a house reef? How's the dive center there? Thinking of staying there, but struggling with staying at a large hotel chain doing a good job as a stay/dive place.

I have stayed there many times. Its really nice, but its not on the ocean. Its the back waters that take you to the Ocean. Its like 2 minute drive from the Airport and then you drive about 4 more minutes, you are at the Divi, on the ocean. The dive center was nice and handy, but last Aug when I was there, the dive shop was closed, from the Covid. So not sure if that is back and running. It was actually set up to be a testing center. My only problem staying there, is there is no cooking area there. I spend alot of time in Bonaire, so I like to cook my own meals. One time I took a hot plate and a skillet, because they have a small fridge, but its alot better staying somewhere that has a kitchen for me. They do have a nice restaurant there and a nice swimming pool. And the rooms and bed is fabulous!!! We just use our Marriott points! When will you be there?

Thanks for the speedy response. We are debating between Curacao and Bonaire, but most of the places in Bonaire are expensive in February. Seems like there are better deals in Curacao, but like you I have Marriott points! :) We were hoping for a house reef as walking out from the resort to go diving is one of the perks of Bonaire. Sounds like no house reef at the Marriott. But then again, free with points. LOL. Hum.... Thanks again!

Feel free to check out my trip report from August 2019, which @scubadada posted a link to earlier. I have not re-read it in a while, but I am sure I gave a pretty good description of the setup. It would not be my first choice for Bonaire (I prefer a location with an on site house reef), but on that occasion, I was by myself and with my Marriott points, it made a big financial difference. It was a good experience and a good setup for diving and storage of gear. There is no house reef, but it is on the water (marina) and if you do any boat dives, Dive Friends does depart directly from the Marriott. It is conveniently located for all of the south end dive sites.

Feel free to check out my trip report from August 2019, which @scubadada posted a link to earlier. I have not re-read it in a while, but I am sure I gave a pretty good description of the setup. It would not be my first choice for Bonaire (I prefer a location with an on site house reef), but on that occasion, I was by myself and with my Marriott points, it made a big financial difference. It was a good experience and a good setup for diving and storage of gear. There is no house reef, but it is on the water (marina) and if you do any boat dives, Dive Friends does depart directly from the Marriott. It is conveniently located for all of the south end dive sites.
Thanks! Appreciate the insight!

There is no dive center anymore, and also no boats leaving or tanks to be found. It's. not a Dive Resort anymore.

If you want anything dive related on site, you need to keep looking :)

Thanks for the speedy response. We are debating between Curacao and Bonaire, but most of the places in Bonaire are expensive in February. Seems like there are better deals in Curacao, but like you I have Marriott points! :) We were hoping for a house reef as walking out from the resort to go diving is one of the perks of Bonaire. Sounds like no house reef at the Marriott. But then again, free with points. LOL. Hum.... Thanks again!

Can’t go there with points…but I love Buddy Dive on Bonaire.

There is no dive center anymore, and also no boats leaving or tanks to be found. It's. not a Dive Resort anymore.

If you want anything dive related on site, you need to keep looking :)
Well, there's the answer. :)

Back
Top Bottom