Yap/Palau Surface activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleomagic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband and I are heading to Yap and Palau towards the middle of May. Any recommendations for surface activities? We will be visiting Yap first and staying at Manta Ray Bay. Then, we will be doing Palau live-aboard through Dancer. We are going to schedule a kayak tour after we leave the boat. We were thinking maybe a helicopter tour before we board the boat? Neither of us have been to Yap or Palau, so looking for people's opinions. Thanks in advance!

During Palau, a land tour of Peleilu is well worth it, but read up on the history before the visit! Jellyfish lake is also on the list. A car tour of Babeldaob is a nice drive with a visit to the old Japanese Lighthouse on the north side, the stone monoliths at Badrulchau, and a stop for lunch at North Beach Cottages (where Survivor casteways were relegated after getting voted off the island). If interested you can stop by the jail in Koror and shop for wood carvings which the inmates do - cash only!

If you have time in Yap I strongly suggest heading out to Ulithi on Pacific Missionary Aviation. April-May is the beginning of Green Turtle season out there and you will see upwards of 50+ turtles a night returning to lay their eggs. Google Ulithi and check it out. It's pretty spectacular and the culture is facinating. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom