Yap or Sulu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bearteacher.tw

Contributor
Reaction score
We plan to have a diving holiday in the mid of April and have two places to be considered. One is Yap and the other is Sulu Sea. Diving around Sulu sea will be a liveaboard trip.

We would like to enjoy watching big fish, nice coral and better visibility.

Which site do you suggest? Yap or Sulu?

Where is the Sulu sea? Philipines?

Sulu sea is in the Philippines and the only reefs of renown that I know there is Tubbataha which requires a liveaboard that is ony available during certain times of the year. Bearteacher, you might want to head over to the PPD forum. They might be able to give you more info about tubbataha. As for yap, I've heard about mantas over there. Might want to post questions regarding yap in the Australia and Pacific Islands forum. Good luck.

bearteacher.tw:
We plan to have a diving holiday in the mid of April and have two places to be considered. One is Yap and the other is Sulu Sea. Diving around Sulu sea will be a liveaboard trip.
We would like to enjoy watching big fish, nice coral and better visibility.
Which site do you suggest? Yap or Sulu?

Two different places.
One (Yap) is only known for mantas while Sulu (I mean Tubbataha Reef, Phillippines) is better for the diversity of diving you can experience.
Big animals, 120 ft vis and more variety is Sulu............mantas mantas and 40 ft vis is Yap.
My advise is Sulu.

Back
Top Bottom