Yacht sunk off Italy, how deep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish before they decide to scuttle their own ships that they could at least do it within recreational diving depths please.

Yachts are relatively dangerous vessels to dive unless they are properly prepared. All the fabric, paneling, furnishings, false overheads, and wiring come loose within years and float around EVEYWHERE.

Most military and commercial vessels have a relatively small percentage of their spaces dedicated habitation and everything is far better secured. The volume of material removed from purpose-sunken vessels to make them reasonably safe is mind boggling.

Yachts are relatively dangerous vessels to dive unless they are properly prepared. All the fabric, paneling, furnishings, false overheads, and wiring created come loose within years and float around EVEYWHERE.

Most military and commercial vessels have a relatively small percentage of their spaces dedicated habitation and everything is far better secured. The volume of material removed from purpose-sunken vessels to make them reasonably safe is mind boggling.
Yeah I know all that.
It was more of a tongue in cheek stab at Russian Oligarch yachts in general.
I can’t think if a better use for them, can you?

I can’t think if a better use for them, can you?

How about a government confiscating the yacht, selling it at auction, and using the funds to buy a surplus naval ship for $1 and prepping it for sinking?

I wish before they decide to scuttle their own ships that they could at least do it within recreational diving depths please.
Do you think it was sunk to get back money on insurance?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom