Y or TAG valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know a shop that sells Y or TAG valves 300 bar with 3/4NPSM thread?
Or anything similar?
I only find the H valves which I don't like very much.

I find a lot in Germany for M25x2 thread, but that doesn't help.

hope someone can help!

Anyone know a shop that sells Y or TAG valves 300 bar with 3/4NPSM thread?
Or anything similar?
I only find the H valves which I don't like very much.

I find a lot in Germany for M25x2 thread, but that doesn't help.

hope someone can help!

I think I may have one kicking around. Think it's 200 bar but to me there is no difference. What are you looking to spend? IIFC the Beauchat ones ( I think I have one of them also) listed for around 150-175

300bar is unnecessary on any (Imperial) 3/4" valved tank

why?
It is anyway obsolete as the "300 bar" tank turned out to be 232 bar tank and they just interpreted "High pressure" with 300 bar without calculating PSI->bar.
So I am back to step 1 importing one from Europe. The European comes metric and I get the double valve easily.
So actually the complete topic is not necessary anymore.

15 l 300 bar tanks seem to be very rare.

why?
It is anyway obsolete as the "300 bar" tank turned out to be 232 bar tank and they just interpreted "High pressure" with 300 bar without calculating PSI->bar.
So I am back to step 1 importing one from Europe. The European comes metric and I get the double valve easily.
So actually the complete topic is not necessary anymore.

15 l 300 bar tanks seem to be very rare.

300bar = 4350psi
For all practical purposes such a tank does not exist in the USA. And if one did you'd never get it filled completely here anyway.

"HP" tanks in the USA with 3/4" valves are going to be 3442psi service pressure and 200 bar valves are plenty adequate. 200 vs 300 bar valves are really just slang terms anyway and have nothing to do with the pressure the regulator fitting will hold.

Do not import a M25 valve from Europe it will not fit North American tanks properly, it will go into a North American 3/4" hole but kill someone on the first fill because it won't hold properly.

Beuchat made Y valves with 3/4 NPSM threads, I don't think they still do anymore. There was not enough demand for them.

They are a much better design than H valves

I have one and use it when I dive single tank. It saves me from modifying my twin setup.

Beuchat made Y valves with 3/4 NPSM threads, I don't think they still do anymore. There was not enough demand for them.

They are a much better design than H valves

I have one and use it when I dive single tank. It saves me from modifying my twin setup.

They are still around I guess used - in 200bar with yoke adapter plugs optional

I agree they are much nicer than H valves.

300bar = 4350psi
For all practical purposes such a tank does not exist in the USA. And if one did you'd never get it filled completely here anyway.

"HP" tanks in the USA with 3/4" valves are going to be 3442psi service pressure and 200 bar valves are plenty adequate. 200 vs 300 bar valves are really just slang terms anyway and have nothing to do with the pressure the regulator fitting will hold.

Do not import a M25 valve from Europe it will not fit North American tanks properly, it will go into a North American 3/4" hole but kill someone on the first fill because it won't hold properly.

Well to tell the complete story: I am in Thailand and wanted to import 15 l 300 bar cylinder from Germany. But thought I check around in Thailand first. I got two offer for 300 bar Worthington cylinder. So I needed the 3/4" 300 bar valve.
But after checking with Worthington and than with the supplier the 300 bar cylinder were 3442 psi.

So now I ordered already 2 cylinder from Austria including TAG valve 300 bar from Aqualung. Same as in USA here you'll hardly find someone who fill 300 bar. But I also bought a 300 bar MCH-6 which should do the job.

thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom