XTX200 vs XL4+ vs mk11/g260

Which regs for cold water?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hot2cold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey all, first post here.

I put well over 5k dives on an MK2 with an R190 (yeah, I know, but they were free and never broke). I recently moved away from the tropics to the North Sea, between 4 and 16 degrees Celsius depending on season, and want to buy my first 'nice' set of regs. I don't work in diving anymore, but will still dive a fair bit and might teach from time to time. No tech, only single tank rec for now, and the cost isn't really a factor. 2 hp ports are a requirement.

I've narrowed it to these choices; XTX200, MK11 with G260 or A700, or the new XL4+.
I tried the Apex flight when it came out about 10 years ago but it had a horribly loud first stage compared to the mk2 so I returned it. I understand the XL4+ is much improved, though.

Can anyone give me some direct comparisons between these? Any thoughts about which will suit my needs better?

Thanks for your help!

The Mk17/G260 is a better comparison to the FSR/XTX200 reg. Both are excellent for cold water conditions.

I've owned MK17/G260 and XTX200. Performance wise hard to tell the difference, the G260 "might" be a fraction smoother.

I don't like the massive ip swing on the MK17/Mk11 and don't like the barrel twist on the XTX.

As far as servicing goes all are pretty easy, the FSR is easier to service than the MK17, second stages are on par.

"I" think the FSR is the better first stage and the G260 the better second stage.

I ended up using G260s with FSRs, best of both worlds.

Can't go wrong with either.

Back
Top Bottom