XTAR Dive Light Reviewer(s) Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sweet Mikey

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All!

I am an XTAR LED Flashlight Dealer in Indiana and I am looking for well established board member(s) who would be interested in reviewing XTAR Dive Lights including the D35, D06 and D26. Other models may be available as well.

If you would have interest in partnering in this project please send me a PM with your email address or phone number so we can discuss the details.

Thanks,

Mike

I received my XTAR D35 dive light over the weekend. Thanks Mike for all your help. This light is amazing. I did a quick dip in the pool last night just to take it through the pases under water. This thing is bright!!!! Lobster season doesn't start here in SoCal until Oct. so, will update this when I do an ocean night dive.

Can you estimate the lumens it puts out? My lights claim 4000 lumens each but are actually 1500. Oh and do you think its possibe to take the reflector off so there is zero throw to this light... like a video light.
Thanx!

Can you estimate the lumens it puts out? My lights claim 4000 lumens each but are actually 1500. Oh and do you think its possibe to take the reflector off so there is zero throw to this light... like a video light.
Thanx!
I have a 1000 Lumen MagicShine dive light and I can say its at least twice as bright as it is. You can't take the reflector off, its the circuit board for the Diodes.

Bummer! I was hoping it was just screwed to it so I could only have the LED's on the board as a wide angle video light.
Thanx for the heads up!

The bezel appears glued as well. The S1, the D35's counterpart on land disassembles easily, but the D35 seems to be another story. I am working with a very talented individual to modify this light with the new XM-L3 emitters along with some other goodies for better color rendering so I should have a full feasibility report soon. I will post an update when I know more.

Hello All!

I am an XTAR LED Flashlight Dealer in Indiana and I am looking for well established board member(s) who would be interested in reviewing XTAR Dive Lights including the D35, D06 and D26. Other models may be available as well.

If you would have interest in partnering in this project please send me a PM with your email address or phone number so we can discuss the details.

Thanks,

Mike

I purchase a D35 XTAR Dive Light from Mike. Here's a short review. No ocean dives as of yet but, at least here's some underwater shoots. Also the carry handle is a really nice feature.

This shot is in a 6 foot pool. I have the 1000 Lumen MagicShine in my left hand and the XTAR D35 in my right. The picture is a little blurry but, you get the point!

D35%20Dive%20Light%20Vs%20MagicShine.png

D35%20Dive%20Light%20Vs%20MagicShine2.png

The carry handle is really nice and worth the upgrade!

D35%20Carry%20Handle.png

D35%20Carry%20Handle2.png

I'll be damned it does look like twice the output!!! Were they completely fresh batteries in the D35?

I'll be damned it does look like twice the output!!! Were they completely fresh batteries in the D35?

Yes fresh batteries in both lights and the same batteries. Just bought a set of Orbtronic protected 18650 3400mAh and fully charged them.

Back
Top Bottom