XTAR dive lights review by @AbyssTek Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XTAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Are you equipped well for your diving trips? If you are looking for some dive lights, xtar D26 2500 and D20 1000 are the perfect combination to light up your dives, providing you with excellent visibility, safety.

Thanks @AbyssTek Divers for helping test the Xtar D26 2500 and D20 1000 dive lights. Enjoy his videos below. And the D26 and D20 lights are highly recommended as primary and backup lights for your underwater explorations. The multiple output levels and beam options allow for versatile usage, whether you're exploring wrecks, caves, or simply enjoying the marine life underwater.

I have used XTAR lights for several years now but can no longer recommend them. I started with the original d26 1100 lumen light and it has been great and still works. I moved up to the D26 1600 but that light didn't last long due to switch and or spring issues. It would not work consistently. Some of my dive friends had the same issue with theirs. For the past Christmas, I got the D26 2500 lumen light. As they seemed to be using the same type switch (locking switch) as the D 26 1100 I thought it would be a good buy. I had problems with it immediately. I contacted the company and they sent me a new spring for the switch. At first I thought that this might resolve the problem and it did ok for a few dives. However, the switch issues returned. Sometimes it won't come on at all, sometimes it switches beam intensity without touching the switch. I still believe the problem lies in the switch assembly but not necessarily the spring. Anyway, I need a dependable light and not one that works when it wants too. It's a shame because otherwise it seems to be a good build.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom