XS Women's BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smparnin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Relatively new diver, looking to buy an XS bcd at a reasonable price.
I've tried several brands in a size small, and they're all just too big and my tank rolls all around.

I like the Aqualung Pearl's XS, it fits really well because of the style, but I'm not super keen on the i3 system. Maybe I would like it after I got used to it? Regardless they're a bit too pricey brand new.

PM me and let me know what you've got! Thanks, Susannah

Good Morning Susannah,

My wife is also XS (or XXS, 5'/90lbs), and I've found it nearly impossible to find a jacket style BC for her. We did find that Dive Rite's TranPac could be adjusted to fit, and that the BP/W works well, YMMV. She was very reluctant to go the BP/W route ('It's not padded'), but it really is the best fit for her.

Good Luck in your search, may you find something that works for you.

i have a mares origin sport weight integrated like new for 250 in either xs or xxs

I have a brand new Genesis XS Phantom. I bought for my Daughter but she ways 50lbs and it's just going to be to loose for her. And I figure she's at least 3 years before she can get into this XS her mother is 5'2 at 105 lbs and fit's nicely but shes not going to be a diver.

Make me an offer and for the price of a used one you will get this brand new never even seen water still have the tags on it. Weight integrated Genesis Phantom BC black with blue trim

100_2964.jpg

The Genesis Phantom Buoyancy Vest is the ultimate in jacket-style weight-integrated diving vests. Made for abrasion resistant heavy denier Nylon, this jacket is designed for serious diving and heavy use. The Genesis Phantom incorporates the positive-retention CQR Weight Pocket System.
The two releasable weight pockets hold 8 pounds each and the two rear balance pockets hold 5 pounds each, for a total weight capacity of 26 pounds.
This vest has an adjustable sternum strap and adjustable depth compensating cummerbund. It is outfitted with two lower stainless steel d-rings and is ready for the Genesis Pro Kit accessories available separately. The Genesis Phantom Buoyancy Vest comes in six sizes for perfect fit on every diver.

FEATURES:
Jacket style BCD
30lbs. Weight integrated (MD - 2XL)
2 releasing 10lb. pockets
2 non-releasing 5lb. pockets
26lbs. Weight integrated (XS - SM)
2 releasing 8lb. pockets
2 non-releasing 5lb. pockets
Adjustable & removable sternum strap
Adjustable length, depth compensating cummerbund
Padded, rigid backpack frame
Adjustable tank locator strap
Rapid exhaust dump valve
Rear pull dump
2 clips for AKONA QuickClip system
Single stainless steel D-ring
2 large expanding pockets with Velcro closures

Check out my For sale of my wifes Tusa Selene this bc is excellent condition and I've just reduced to 150.00 plus a free 5 mil O'neil wetsuit
Greg

Hi

I have a brand new - never been used Oceanic Hera for sale. Also comes with warranty which still has 18 months left. See below for specs.

Will sell for $450 or nearest offer...

Oceanic Hera BC

Hybrid Bladder Design
The innovative design of the Oceanic Hera BC allows the freedom of movement and other benefits you have come to expect from a rear-inflation BC. However, the unique wrap-around design of the air cell provides you more lift than most BC’s; as well as an improved, upright orientation when the BC is inflated on the surface.

Patented QLR (Quick Lock & Release) Weight Integration System
Angled down slightly to aid self-loading, Oceanic's patented QLR Quick Lock & Release System keeps up to 20 lbs. of releasable weight in position and stabile throughout the dive. The weight pouches are simple to load and easy to release when you want to. Best of all, our patented positive-lock system helps to ensure that they'll stay put.

Rear Weight Pockets
Located on the back of the BC on either side of the cylinder band. Provides greater integrated weight capacity and better attitude underwater. Carries up to 10 non-dumpable pounds.

Fadeless 1000 Denier Cordura® Construction
Exterior abrasion points are covered in our new "Fadeless" 1000-denier Cordura - tough stuff that will hold up to years of extreme diving and keep that new look longer.

Optional Integrated Retractor / BC Knife System
Built-in retractor and Spinner BC Knife attachment points on the Oceanic Hera BC are perfect for streamlining gauges, lights and other essentials.

Reliant Integrated Inflator
Ergonomically designed to be functional and easy to use in any dive position, the Reliant Integrated Inflator provides a full range of airway exhaust/inflation control. Simply press a button to produce precise flow for trimming dive attitude or maximum flow for major changes in buoyancy. A large exhaust valve creates a flow rate higher than the inflation rate of the power inflator, improving diver control during ascents.

Patented Depth-Compensating Adjustable Cummerbund
Oceanic's patented depth compensating cummerbund is manufactured from a unique woven elastic material that eliminates the need to readjust as your suit compresses at depth. Oceanic's cummerbund offers up to 8" of adjustment to fit a wide range of sizes. For additional customization, the cummerbund may be easily changed with another size.

Padded Backpack and Additional Lumbar Support
Extra heavy duty padding on the Oceanic Hera BC provides comfort both above and below the surface without having to sacrifice the stability of a hard backpack.

Large Main Zippered Pockets
Zippered so they're easy to get into. Enough room to store your Light, extra Shadow Mask, Pocket Snorkel, and more!

Optional Air XS 2 Alternate Inflator
The new AIR XS combines the reliability, performance and durability of the SlimLine OCTOPUS and ALLIANCE INFLATOR into one very low profile, streamlined package. The regulator/inflator combination is as small as many BC inflators alone, with breathing performance superior to many stand-alone octopus regulators.

FEATURES & FUNCTIONS HERA BC
Type HYBRID
Air Cell Material FADELESS 500 DENIER NYLON
Shoulder Panel Material FADELESS 1000 DENIER CORDURA
Pocket Panel Material FADELESS 1000 DENIER CORDURA
Main Pockets / Closure ZIPPER
Accessory Pockets / Closure N/A
Max Dumpable Integrated Weight 20 LBS.
Max Non-Dumpable Rear Weight Pockets 10 LBS.
Padded Backpack YES
Lumbar Support NO
Carrying Handle YES
Tank Positioning Strap YES
Stainless Steel D-rings 6
Plastic D-rings N/A
Sternum Strap ADJUSTABLE POSITION
Depth Compensating Cummerbund YES
Right Shoulder Pull-Ball Exhaust YES
Integrated Retractor Mount YES
Spinner Knife Mount YES
Air XS 2 Alternate Inflator OPTIONAL
Lift Capacity
XS 26 LBS.

After doing a little more research and asking around, I've decided to go with the Dive Rite TransPac. After checking one out and seeing how it works, I think it will definitely give me the best fit. Thank you for all the offers and the awesome info. Hope you all find homes for your extra gear!

Take care, Susannah

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom