XS Scuba Stryker Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I purchased a XS Scuba Stryker Knife about 1 year ago and got to use it for the first time this past weekend. I pulled it out of the sheath to cut some monofiliment line that I was in. When I pulled it out of the sheath I felt a POP. I did not know what it was until I surfaced, but one of the plastic clip that hold the knife in the sheath broke. I was diving in 40 degree water, are the knives not supposed to be used in cold water? Did that make the plastic that brittle? The good news is that the knife was able to cut the line. The other good thing is that I did not loose the knife while finishing my dive, although it does me no good now because it will not stay in the sheath.

Is they any kind of warranty on these products???

Thanks
Phil

Hey Phil:
Give me a call, I'll send you out a replacement sheath without cost to you. Toll Free 866 977-2822.

Damn, that was fast! Damn, that is cool! I will give you a call later this afternoon or tomorrow around Noon (central time)

Thanks
Phil

OK, so whats the deal. I just tried to call that number and got a phone sex line....

Phil

OK, I swear I called that number 3 times and got the same phone sex line. I just tried it again and it went through just fine...

Maybe they got something crazy going on at XS Scuba?:D

Phil

Just got the sheath. Mike sent it out right away it was just the USPS that took forever.

XS Scuba is great...

Thanks for the help Mike...

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom