XS Scuba Spring Straps...WOW!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Picked up a set of XS Scuba spring straps from Scubatoys for mine and my wife's fins. They were a little bit pricey and bit of a pain to change out the the buckles to fit our particular fins but not too bad. But...once I got them on the fins and tried them on all I can say is WOW, what in the heck took me so long. Now I know what all of you already knew. I see why everyone praises them so highly. These things are absolutely great. Probably one of the best scuba purchases I have ever made. No doubt worth every penny.

I should mention that the buckles themselves appear to be very well made and also appear to be very comfortable to both myself and my wife. We are really happy with our decision to make the switch.

And I feel that I must mention Scubatoys, they are excellent, I would highly recommend them to anyone. Smoth as silk and very fast delivery. I will definitely do buisness with them again.

Just thought I would post my experience in case there is anyone considering trying spring straps or even these particular straps.

Hey GBB:
Thank you for your good words. I'm happy as heck to read you're so happy with our Spring Straps. Our straps are a bit different then others. We use 316 grade stainless steel for the attachment buckles and we include 3 different sets of buckles with each set of Spring Straps. The buckles included fit "Old School" (Turtles, Jets, Rockets, etc.), "Small Post" (Atomic) and "Large Post" (most modern fins). They come in three sizes; 8", 10" and 12". The suggested retail price is $70.00, though I see them on many of the online retailers for about $55.00. Attached are a few images.

Georgia bubble blower:
Picked up a set of XS Scuba spring straps from Scubatoys for mine and my wife's fins. They were a little bit pricey and bit of a pain to change out the the buckles to fit our particular fins but not too bad. But...once I got them on the fins and tried them on all I can say is WOW, what in the heck took me so long. Now I know what all of you already knew. I see why everyone praises them so highly. These things are absolutely great. Probably one of the best scuba purchases I have ever made. No doubt worth every penny.

I should mention that the buckles themselves appear to be very well made and also appear to be very comfortable to both myself and my wife. We are really happy with our decision to make the switch.

And I fell that I must mention Scubatoys, they are excellent, I would highly recommend them to anyone. Smoth as silk and very fast delivery. I will definitely do buisness with them again.

Just thought I would post my experience in case there is anyone considering trying spring straps or even these particular straps.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 166
  • SSFinBuckle.jpg
    SSFinBuckle.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC00869sm.jpg
    DSC00869sm.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 103
I have these straps and have been VERY happy with mine on Turtle Fins. I'm glad to know that they're 316 stainless. I've been meaning to look. A blessing getting fins off in the water with spring straps. I also own some Atomic fins so the conversion ability is great too.

XS Scuba:
... we include 3 different sets of buckles with each set of Spring Straps...

too bad you don't have a version where only the old-school buckle is included to cut down on the price a bit, frankly the other 2 stlyes will be no use to me :( for this application

Since I appear to have the attention of a XS Scuba rep there is one question I would like to ask. In the photos of your fin straps on your web site and in the photos you have posted here there appears to be a bolt/pin that fits in the buckle just in front of the fin's post for what I assume is to keep the buckle from coming off. I ask this because all of the photos that I saw advertising your straps has this but neither pair that we recently purchased does. And...it did seem like a nice touch when we decided to order them so we were a bit disappointed that our design was different. All in all the straps are still great and it does not appear that the buckles will come loose but because ours does not have this feature only time will tell. I only mention this because that was one of the features we really liked about these straps because we felt that it would help insure the straps did not come off unexpectedly. Just curious, thanks.

Georgia bubble blower:
Since I appear to have the attention of a XS Scuba rep there is one question I would like to ask. In the photos of your fin straps on your web site and in the photos you have posted here there appears to be a bolt/pin that fits in the buckle just in front of the fin's post for what I assume is to keep the buckle from coming off. I ask this because all of the photos that I have seen advertising these straps has this but neither pair that we recently received does. And...it did seem like a nice touch when we decided to order them so we were a bit disappointed that our design was different. The straps are still great and it does not appear that the buckles will come loose but because ours does not have this feature only time will tell. I only mention this because that was one of the features we really liked about these straps because we felt that it would help insure the straps did not come off unexpectedly. Just curious, thanks.

You didn't have the pin attached to the Jet/Turtle buckle? If so, you just take it off that buckle and add it to the others. I believe this is what my girlfriend did.

She has a pair of Atomics now and likes these straps. She intends to go to Jets and so got these SS b/c they'd work with those fins as well.

Yes, the buckles used for jets/turtles did have two pins in each buckle. So... there was no shortage of pins, just the opposite, 4 extra(total) but the buckles for the other two style posts did not have a hole drilled for these extra pins to go through the buckle in front of the post to keep it from sliding off like was shown in the photos. When I put them on I knew something looked different so I double checked the web site and the picture clearly shows that there should be a hole for the pin to go through but no hole. Only the holes for the main pin that attaches the buckle to the spring itself. In other words, if you were to look at the last picture that XS Scuba posted (the closeup of the buckle) my buckle does not have the hole near the post at all and actually looks a tiny bit different.

Georgia bubble blower:
moz-screenshot.jpg
Yes, the buckles used for jets/turtles did have two pins in each buckle. So... there was no shortage of pins, just the opposite, 4 extra(total) but the buckles for the other two style posts did not have a hole drilled for these extra pins to go through the buckle in front of the post to keep it from sliding off like was shown in the photos. When I put them on I knew something looked different so I double checked the web site and the picture clearly shows that there should be a hole for the pin to go through but no hole. Only the holes for the main pin that attaches the buckle to the spring itself.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg

Pictures aren't showing up. I do believe my gf's buckles had these extra holes...

Yea, i've never posted a photo on here so I won't try now. I just edited my post and tried to be more descriptive. Sorry about that. I am hoping XS Scuba might shed some light on it for me. Thanks.

Georgia bubble blower:
Yea, i've never posted a photo on here so I won't try now. I just edited my post and tried to be more descriptive. Sorry about that. I am hoping XS Scuba might shed some light on it for me. Thanks.

Sounds like s/t might be "wrong" with your buckles. I'd just shoot him a PM. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom