XS Scuba Spring Straps, Trade Size L for Size M?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have ended up with a size L pair of XS Scuba Spring straps. They're used... I'm told. The condition is fairly flawless.

I need a size M spring strap, of course. I like the XS Scuba ones a lot, so that's the kind I'd like to stick with.

Anyone up for the trade?

I'd also consider trading them for a size M, since my wife needs a pair as well...

If you don't have any luck on the trade, have a look at Fin Spring Straps, Product Catalog

Thanks, but yes, I know all about them. I prefer the tube-style coverings to the big rubber bits. I actually a set of theirs on some other fins, but wanted to stick with XS for this set. Bummer, because the price is fantastic there. I already have these XS straps, though...

A friend of mine got some, pulled them apart, removed the big rubber bit & replaced it with some tubing. Something to consider

Were these the Piranha straps? I considered that, but the ends appear molded on... I'm not sure that they can be taken apart and be put back together (the iffy part of that). If they actually can be, though, that would be a very good thing.

Yes the Piranha straps. Which seem to be the exact same item as sold under another, more expensive brand name. I wasn't there when he did it, so I can't comment on the details, but yes it can be done. You need to do some bending though. He may have replaced the wire attachments, I'm not sure

On a side note, it looks to me like the Piranha straps have the delrin block on backwards, ie the round side faces away from the fin not towards, compared to say SP or Halcyon SS - maybe that's why they're so cheap, seconds?

Back
Top Bottom