XS Scuba Products - weight pouches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everybody.

9 positive responses and no negatives. That's saying something I think.

Off to order a couple weight pouches.

Mark

make it 10 of 10, I like mine. good quality, fair price.

I had 2 of the weight pouches, liked them so much that I wanted 6 more (For various rigs) so I bought the 6 slot belt, cut the pouches apart and restitched the edges (made the sewing machine work pretty hard) - they are not as pretty, and some of them will only hold 4# weights (due to cutting/re-stitching etc..) but it was a VERY inexpensive way to get a bunch of cam band/trim pockets.

I've been using my original pockets for approx 2 years and they are still in great shape.

Aloha, Tim

I had 2 of the weight pouches, liked them so much that I wanted 6 more (For various rigs) so I bought the 6 slot belt, cut the pouches apart and restitched the edges (made the sewing machine work pretty hard) - they are not as pretty, and some of them will only hold 4# weights (due to cutting/re-stitching etc..) but it was a VERY inexpensive way to get a bunch of cam band/trim pockets.

I've been using my original pockets for approx 2 years and they are still in great shape.

Aloha, Tim

Cool, even the individual priced pouches are not that bad price wise. I might get a couple and do the same thing you did (multiple setups).

I did some more surfing last night and noticed that the also make some larger pouches to put on 2" web belts. Again very reasonably priced, so instead of the OMS/Dive Rite stuff XS Scuba might be getting an order from me here in the next week or two.

I dive warm water, and use two xs pouches on the waist band. I use a 2#weight on each side behind the D-rings so they don't slide. Easy to put weight in or take out and very secure. Nice not to add a weightbelt for only 4lbs.

Dennis

I dive warm water, and use two xs pouches on the waist band. I use a 2#weight on each side behind the D-rings so they don't slide. Easy to put weight in or take out and very secure. Nice not to add a weightbelt for only 4lbs.

Dennis

That's how I initially set it up too. However, I'm pretty small and don't have a lot of waist band to work with so I moved mine to my cam bands. With a 3/2mm full and a 5/3mm hooded vest under the full suit, I only need 2lb in each pocket. These pockets are perfect for trim weights!

Victor

I've been using the cam strap pouches for a couple years now and love them. They seem to be holding up quite well.

Not only are they extraordinarily popular, XS really stands behind their products. I had a problem with the stitching on my pocket belt once (really no idea how, since that thing seems pretty much bullet-proof), posted here in the XS Scuba forum, and Mike totally took care of the problem for me, mailing me a new band of pockets, no charge. Great company, great service!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom