XS Scuba Products - weight pouches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kb2ehj

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody up here use the XS SCUBA weight pouches? at $9 each they sure do beat the Dive Rite / OMS pockets that run about twice that price.

Looking to see if they are of decent quality that will stand up to at least a couple years of service.

Mark

Anybody up here use the XS SCUBA weight pouches? at $9 each they sure do beat the Dive Rite / OMS pockets that run about twice that price.

Looking to see if they are of decent quality that will stand up to at least a couple years of service.

Mark

I have them, and they run rings around the OMS pockets. Very well constructed, really good quality velcro closing and will definately last. Highly recommended.

I use both a weight belt and cam strap pouches and they seem to be very well made.

I switched to the XS weight pouches a little while back and am happy so far, they are working just fine. I also use a plastic clip from DiveRite on the cam strap to hold the pouches right where they need to be, makes it less hassle to switch tanks and gives me a bit more usable velcro on the cam strap since the pouches can't move around.

A minor issue, but they are noticeably large for the standard sized 1 kilo/2lb lead weights I use. I wish the velcro patches were a bit larger or the pockets a bit smaller so I could really wrap the weights in nice and tight. It seems like they are designed for a larger sized piece of lead. Regardless, they do the job, and the price is right.

Mark

I have been using XS Scuba cam band pouches for two years and have been very pleased wth the product. Before switching to BP/W I used XS weight belt. Good stuff.

I like mine a lot too. I have one belt with 2 fixed 5 pound weights up front and an XS Scuba pouch behind each of those. That lets me adjust 1 belt from 10 to 20 pounds just by varying the pouch contents. Since my suits can vary a lot and I fresh and salt water handy it's a great feature. After 2 years and frequent use they are like new.

Pete

I like mine. I had been using their weight belt, because of the ease in changing weights but with the relatively small amount of weight that I need, two pockets on my BP waist belt are enough. So, no more weight belt, and I can still dump the weight. They're much cheaper and more compact than the Halcyon ACB system.

I use 'em on my tank cam bands. Very well constructed. XS Scuba makes very high quality gear.

Back
Top Bottom