XS LP 108 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aboalreem

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am trying to purchase two steel tanks LP 108 either Faber or Worhington.
I found XS Scuba Worthington Cylinders Hot Dipped Galvanized LP Steel 2400 psi 108 free shipping each for $314 on Leisurepro.com..my question:
1- do you recommend the XS or NOT XS series....
1- is the price right? If not where?
2- Any feedback about this tank in general?
2- I am trying to have H valve on each tank,,,any recommendation on which brand?
Thanks

I own a set of Faber LP108's, and if I had to do it over again, I'd buy Worthington. I have no issues with the cylinders themselves, but I would prefer the hot dip galvanizing of the Worthingtons, over the painted Fabers for the long term. As for valves a lot of them are made in the same factory. I have Thermo, DiveRite and OMS manifolds/valves and they all work fine, so I'd just say whatever is the best price.

aboalreem:
I am trying to purchase two steel tanks LP 108 either Faber or Worhington.
I found XS Scuba Worthington Cylinders Hot Dipped Galvanized LP Steel 2400 psi 108 free shipping each for $314 on Leisurepro.com..my question:
1- do you recommend the XS or NOT XS series....
1- is the price right? If not where?
2- Any feedback about this tank in general?
2- I am trying to have H valve on each tank,,,any recommendation on which brand?
Thanks

(800) 601-3483

HI Aboalreem. If you will give me a toll-free phone call, I will set you up with the Worthington LP-108 cylinders at a little savings over the price you have. Not a lot.....unfortunately, there is not a lot of margin to bargain with. I can also answer ANY questions you have about these and any other cylinders. We can also get you the Thermo H-Valve set-up at the time you order. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

I'm on Worthington LP 108's and I love them, have them set up with a Dive Rite Manifold, my buddy with the OMS manifold was a little dismayed to see how many turns he had to make to shut off a valve compared to the DiveRite one.

XS Scuba Worthingtons is the same as Worthingtons??!! since they are designed by xs scuba? just little confused!!!

I think TDL is running a special right now on steel tanks

Worthington makes the tanks...XS and Sea Pearls (now part of XS) went to Worthington and had them make tanks to their specs and are the distribution outlet in the US....I have both Faber and Worthington and believe the Worthington to be better due to the coating. Call Phil he is very knowledgeable on the tanks and will set you up right....

Jimmer:
I own a set of Faber LP108's, and if I had to do it over again, I'd buy Worthington. I have no issues with the cylinders themselves, but I would prefer the hot dip galvanizing of the Worthingtons, over the painted Fabers for the long term. As for valves a lot of them are made in the same factory. I have Thermo, DiveRite and OMS manifolds/valves and they all work fine, so I'd just say whatever is the best price.

Are the XS steel 108's hot dipped galvanized?

yes they are hot dipped galvanized

Hey Glen:
I attached a few images from my last trip. It's quite an impressive process.

GLENFWB:
Are the XS steel 108's hot dipped galvanized?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg