Xs Hose Mount Depth Gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dermochelys

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I had a question regarding the XS Hose Mount Depth Gauge (Hose Mount Depth Gauge). How exactly does this mount onto the hose? Do you take the hose off the 1st stage and then thread the hose through the clamp, or does it just clamp onto the hose?

I'm wondering because if you threat the hose through the opening I could see that if the tightening screw became loose, it would just slide up and down the hose, but if it clamps onto the hose in another way it might fall off should the tightening screw become loose.

Any info would be great, thanks!

I believe there is a groove that the hose runs into and the nut secures it. No need to disconnect anything. I don't think it would slide around much if loose as the rubber is grippy and curved. I've seen compasses mounted this way.

I believe there is a groove that the hose runs into and the nut secures it. No need to disconnect anything. I don't think it would slide around much if loose as the rubber is grippy and curved. I've seen compasses mounted this way.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom