Xmas in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are going to be staying right next to kahalua bay if you are interested in a little shore diving too :)

Do you mean Kapalula Bay? If so, that's on the opposite end of the island from Kihei, a good hour's drive away (just so you know).

We were diving yesterday and the water was 74 degrees (COLD!!). The whale song was prevelant and the water was somewhat rough for reboarding the boat. Our "special" sighting was a gorgeous pink Frog Fish on the Backwall of Molokini. :)

Sorry, yes I meant kapalula bay. Driving is a non-issue, as I already gotta drive a lot to dive at home.

This will be my first warm water experience, and seeing that the last dive I did before i left the water was a balmy 32F at 45ft I'm sure I won't be complaining about the cold too much.

I get to Maui today (Dec21st) at noon will start looking for diving ops and stuff on the 22nd. Would love to meet up at almost any point.

Hopefully you're flexible on charter operators since you might have a challenge in finding someone who has space on their boat, except perhaps Lahaina Divers or Maui Dive Shop. If you want to shore dive, Shaka Doug and Maui Dreams in Kihei are the ones to contact.

Enjoy the "warm" water and excellent viz while you're here! :)

Great diving with you Phil! Good to see that you're not doing much computing these days... means you're still enjoying the local da kine!! When do you go back? Got time to splash one more time?? Let me know.... I'm jonesin! Shaka!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom