Xmas in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjhansman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Headed to Maui with the family for 2 weeks at Xmas :D

I've been told that this is a "holiday with diving" and not a "dive hoiday"....and apparently there's a difference :wink:

Staying in Kihei.....only diving booked so far is a couple days with Shaka Doug, but I hope to get out with Lahaina Divers as well (inspite of the long early morning drive), and hopefully some boat diving out of Kihei.

Anybody else gonna be in the neighbourhood?

Hey Phil,

Missed you guys in Coz last week - it was awesome as usual (except for three days of kidney stones to start out).

In Maui we love using ProDiver SCUBA Dive Maui | Prodiver | Molokini | Maui Dive Boat It's kind of like a Cozumel set up - smaller boat with limited number of divers - Cptn Paul is a hoot, and both the DM's we had were awesome. We were able to arrange ahead of time to do back wall and a couple of other cool spots. Fast boat and early departure (since you're staying in Kihei).

We always enjoy the Lanai trips with Lahaina divers, but have yet to get over to Molokai to see the hammerheads (don't know if they do that in winter when the weather can blow up!)

Give our regards to your lovely wife - have a great time! Maui no ka oi!!!

Tom and Alyssa

We'll be on island during Christmas time. You may want to book your boat dives sooner rather than later as the boats fill up quickly. We'll be diving with Ed Robinson's and doing a 4-tank charter with Lahaina Divers on Christmas Day. :)

Happily I've managed to book some "quality time" with both Lahaina Divers and Ed Robinson's as well as Doug. And it appears there's some ziplining in my future as well. :shocked2:

Would be great to meet and put a face to the name. :D

Right now we have a booking with Ed Robinson's on the 27th......and I'm hoping to get at least one more day with them (hopefully the 30th, after I kick my kids off the island).

Also booked for a trip to Lanai on the 3rd.

Sweet! We'll be on the 3-tank charter on the 27th, so even if you're on the 2-tank charter, we can meet at the boat ramp!! If you're on our boat, even better!! Look for a 40-something blonde woman with a pony tail, black boat coat, wearing long pants (yes, I get cold)....or ask for Hilary...the crew knows me (too well!). :)

Excellent :D

I'll see you in a couple weeks.

I'll be the old guy with the heaviest wetsuit on the boat.....and still cold.

You'll have to be wearing something heavier than a 7mm to have the heaviest wetsuit on the boat. All of the DMs wear at least a 7mm and mid-winter will often layer a hooded vest under it as well. Oh yeah, and they're still cold! :wink:

I wear a 5mm merino lined full suit, but I tuck a heat pack (Hotsnapz) in my lower back for each dive. :D Without my Hotsnapz I freeze!!!

Looking forward to meeting you too. :)

Just found this thread, but I am also going to be in Maui over the holidays for a "Holiday with diving" Would love to meet some fellow SB'ers. Let me know when where you are out and i'll see if i can get on a boat one of the days.

-- nielsent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom