XIOS EyeSea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffMandell

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to the EyeSea device that went on the market a couple of years ago from a company called XIOS? It was a two piece setup, with a transmitter that hung from the dive boat and a receiver you wear on your risk that shows the distance from the boat and the direction to the boat at all times. It was kind of expensive, but I've been thinking about it lately, especially when I get compeltely turned around in the water. But now I see their old website is gone and there's almost no mention of it on the net. Did they go out of business? Did anyone ever try one of these things and if so, with what result?

No, I didn't receive any replies, though when I searched Scubaboard I found other, older discussions.
I know the Xios company used to have a website, as I looked into it a year or so ago. It's gone now; I don't know if the company is still in business. I only saw one of these units in operation in all my dives -- it obviously wasn't sweeping the diving world.
If it's still around and anyone is using it, I'm still interested.

JeffMandell once bubbled...
If it's still around and anyone is using it, I'm still interested.

My wife and I use the Neverlost under certain conditions. We still use standard navigation practices, but when the viz is 10 or 15 ft and the broken bottom all looks the same, the Neverlost has worked like a charm.

Word from the Australian distributor is that XIOS is still around but are having their website revamped??? They sell the units for A$2320 which is about 2.5 tims the retail price in the US. I have a current brouchure (PDF format) if you want one.

I just received my repaired unit back from xios. According to Michel who I delt with, they are back in production (whatever that means). There in Sweden. I have their phone number if you would like to speak with them. He speaks prett good English and was quite helpful.

MA

Advertised price is US$600 why the HUGH price hike in Australia ? :confused: I like to support the local dive industry but think I would purchase overseas. I know they need to cover tax, insurance etc but thats a big hike for a company that gets a volume discount as well.

mr335 - What do you think of the unit ?

Back
Top Bottom