For Sale xDeep Stealth 2.0 BCD with Edd Sorenson mod $500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigmess

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Used less than 15 times in fresh water. Originally purchased for Sidemount training then was going to use if for my Sidewinder CCR but opted to go with Katana 2 instead. Edd Sorenson modification. Has butt mount for O2 bottle or battery. Great shape ready for diving will ship at your expense.

Attachments

• IMG_2533.jpeg
    IMG_2533.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_2532.jpeg
    IMG_2532.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2531.jpeg
    IMG_2531.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2530.jpeg
    IMG_2530.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 232
Which model Tec or Rec ?
Its setup as H-style the difference are so minimal I don't fully remember but I believe its Rec, it was going to be used for cave and tech type dives

Which model Tec or Rec ?
It is a Tec. You can tell by the "armor" from the shoulder straps to the top of the bladder.

What is the "Edd Sorenson modification"? I dive the same BC but without the mod. I would like to understand the how and why of the mod.

If you unzip the outer bladder cover you can look at the white tag inside on the left and it will tell you if it is Tec or Rec. The Edd Sorenson mod is mainly for when you are using this with the KISS sidewinder rebreather as the cans for the rebreather make it REALLY difficult to reach the butt dump hence why the dump is moved to the side with a shoulder pull and the inflator is moved to the butt dump area. Physical modification need to be made to the BC for all of this to work.

make it REALLY difficult to reach the butt dump hence why the dump is moved to the side with a shoulder pull and the inflator is moved to the butt dump area

The butt dump is blanked off. By default the inflator comes out the left side, and the dump is on the right side with the pull string run down the shoulder to your left side harness.

The butt dump is blanked off. By default the inflator comes out the left side, and the dump is on the right side with the pull string run down the shoulder to your left side harness.
That may be one of the mods that Edd does but if you look at the pictures that is not how this harness was modified.

It's funny. On the Stealth Facebook group, I got ridiculed for even considering making either the left or right side a dump. Anything but one dump on the butt is heresy!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom