Question Xdeep SS backplate with Evolve wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone here had experience using a Xdeep SS backplate with an Evolve wing?

I have an aluminium backplate and would like to use a stainless steel backplate.

The Xdeep backplate is much cheaper so I thought I would use that rather than buying the Halcyon SS plate.

Currently using an Evolve 40, I imagine that the backplate holes are more or less accommodating and in the same place and it would not be an issue to use an xdeep backplate to replace my halcyon backplate, but thought I would ask anyway here.

I own a XDeep Zen rig (SS backplate). It will work with any wing with standard mounting points. Note that you'll need a STA since you can't thread cam bands through the Zen/NX backplate. Also make sure that the backplate won't cover the dump valve of whatever wing you go with--as I'm sure you know, the Zen backplate is a lot wider than a standard backplate.

Hope this helps. All the best. Cheers.

But where did the rest of the plate go

1417726.jpg

The Evolve wing is specifically designed for diving doubles.
Hence, I suppose, you do not need to attach single tank to the BP, so the presence of holes for cam band threading is negligible, neither you need an adapter.
The two holes to attach the bolts to the BP are usually at standard distance.
The width should not be a problem as the evolve wing is larger than the wing designed for singles so the dump valve is not an issue.

The Evolve wing is specifically designed for diving doubles.
Hence, I suppose, you do not need to attach single tank to the BP, so the presence of holes for cam band threading is negligible, neither you need an adapter.
The two holes to attach the bolts to the BP are usually at standard distance.
The width should not be a problem as the evolve wing is larger than the wing designed for singles so the dump valve is not an issue.
Thanks for the correction. I was not aware the wing mentioned by the OP is for doubles. I defer to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom