Xdeep NX Project vs Hollis C45 LX dual bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have enrolled an adv nitrox course which enlist the kit requirement including a 50lbs lift capacity with redundancy buoyancy IN THE FORM of DUAL BLADDER.

I am aware the debate of whether it’s necessary to have dual bladder as the back up buoyancy, I found it’s hard to find any new generation dual bladder wings, most of them are old fashion designed. I am very impressed by those new little features xdeep wings got, and 50lbs lift ticks the box, however it’s a single bladder which makes me question myself if I can get away with single bladder wing for the course why I upgrade from my current one? Hollis c45 dual bladder looks cool, I like elite II harness too (my instructor doesnt insist on single piece dir rig!) , with c60 looks enormous put down my desire I am a little bit unsure if 45lbs lift the c45 offers, although theoretically it has 90lbs lift with dual bladder.

I can’t find much of meaningful reviews other than commercial ones. Providing I dive in cold UK water with compressed neoprene drysuit, twin 12L steel, and up to 2 stages, any pros and cons suggestions will be much appreciated.

The XDeep project dual bladder is still in the ce certification phase. Could be another year befor it is ready. If you have a single bladder project and want to add a bladder, you will have to send it back to Poland.

You can’t use both bladders at the same time with any redundant wing. It will likely rupture the housing.

A fifty pound requirement is surprising. If there was a requirement, I would have thought it would be forty five pounds. In the old days when they used steel stage and deco bottles, maybe more than 45. However, many use al for stage and deco after the Andre Smith disaster.

I have used a Diverite rec redundant bladder with 45 Pounds with al80 backmount doubles, one Al80 stage, one al80 50%, and one al40 with 100% in a wetsuit without any problems at all.

The XDeep project dual bladder is still in the ce certification phase. Could be another year befor it is ready. If you have a single bladder project and want to add a bladder, you will have to send it back to Poland.

You can’t use both bladders at the same time with any redundant wing. It will likely rupture the housing.

A fifty pound requirement is surprising. If there was a requirement, I would have thought it would be forty five pounds. In the old days when they used steel stage and deco bottles, maybe more than 45. However, many use al for stage and deco after the Andre Smith disaster.

I have used a Diverite rec redundant bladder with 45 Pounds with al80 backmount doubles, one Al80 stage, one al80 50%, and one al40 with 100% in a wetsuit without any problems at all.

Thank you!

Yes I heard a dual bladder back mount xdeep wing is on its way but Nov the earliest too. So are you saying if I buy a single bladder xdeep now I may be able to send it back to manufacture to add on a bladder once they got CE certificate?

Just an FYI, I would not recommend buying an XDEEP NX Project wing and using it with a traditional backplate for warranty reasons. I have been using one with a classic plate, and recently came across a broken zipper after disassembling my gear post dive. I did not get much help from the dealer, so I contacted the manufacturer. They told me they cannot warranty it because I was not using their custom shaped backplate and the "plate from a different manufacturer contributed to the problem". It may be an incompatibility issue, but could well just be poor customer support related to warranty. They do sell the wing separate from the complete system, so there is really no way to know that unless you come across an issue like I did.

I use a Hollis LX45 dual bladder wing when diving double steel HP100s with a wetsuit for redundant buoyancy. I picked it up 2nd hand vice new and have had no problems with it, works very well. The newer ones have a slightly different corrugated hose routing for the backup, which I think works better but the BCD works well.

It is not 50 lbs though, it is a 45lb wing.

Just an FYI, I would not recommend buying an XDEEP NX Project wing and using it with a traditional backplate for warranty reasons. I have been using one with a classic plate, and recently came across a broken zipper after disassembling my gear post dive. I did not get much help from the dealer, so I contacted the manufacturer. They told me they cannot warranty it because I was not using their custom shaped backplate and the "plate from a different manufacturer contributed to the problem". It may be an incompatibility issue, but could well just be poor customer support related to warranty. They do sell the wing separate from the complete system, so there is really no way to know that unless you come across an issue like I did.

As an xDeep dealer, I would be interested in some more information and / or pictures of the zipper damage.

As an xDeep dealer, I would be interested in some more information and / or pictures of the zipper damage.

IMG_20201001_205429208.jpg

@divezonescuba after further communication with them, they did offer to fix it for free and cover all international shipping to and from Europe, so that is good news. They did emphasize though that the user, when using a plate other than their custom plate, has to be extra careful about where each component of the wing is located to avoid unexpected external damage like that.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

But, I am not totally certain if that was the complete cause. We have had several wetsuits do that and it’s been a case where the zipper pull had a defect in it. That would normally be covered under the warranty.

I was going to suggest a thing called zip fix if the zipper was still intact. It much more robust than any original slider.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom