XDEEP Black BT Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so is this battery user serviceable ?

Good question.
So technically it would be no problem for average "diver" but with many reasons we would like to leave it and authorize only trained by xDeep personel to do so (any dive shop technician can be trained), just to make sure that it was put together the right way and every user is 100% safe using it after battery replacement. Not sure if we have to worry about that problem so soon since battery gives up to (true hrs) 40 hrs of diving (with certain settings) and will last 500-750 recharging cycles so multiplying its about 30,000 hrs of diving :)

But yes if anything any part technically can be replaced since unit is based on non-resin filled (unlike Liquivision) technology and anything can be taken apart and fixed for "low flat fee" if after warranty period.

Resin filled units simply can't and have to be replaced.

Do't bother buying this X BLACK DIVE computer!! I have one and it's already death in less than 50 dives, i just bought it last november i use it as bt and few times as deco just to compair with my sharewater petrel. At simple viwe it's a nice computer but is bad quality, i tried to claim guarantee and the owner didn't gave a concrete answer in, what to do to claim warantee?? according to the manual the battery issues ARE NOT INCLUDDED IN WARANTEE, and apparentley it's the battery (poor quality) so i might get stuck with this 600 us piece of junck that last nothig. In poland where the computer was realesed first, cause a lot of dissapointment cause of the low quality and all the trouble that come with por tested dive computer. Don't wate your money, i'm shure there will be more of this complaints soon.

Last edited:
I almost bought one today, but didn't for different reasons.

Do't bother buying this X BLACK DIVE computer!! I have one and it's already death in less than 50 dives, i just bought it last november i use it as bt and few times as deco just to compair with my sharewater petrel. At simple viwe it's a nice computer but is bad quality, i tried to claim guarantee and the owner didn't gave a concrete answer in, what to do to claim warantee?? according to the manual the battery issues ARE NOT INCLUDDED IN WARANTEE, and apparentley it's the battery (poor quality) so i might get stuck with this 600 us piece of junck that last nothig. In poland where the computer was realesed first, cause a lot of dissapointment cause of the low quality and all the trouble that come with por tested dive computer. Don't wate your money, i'm shure there will be more of this complaints soon.

Sorry to hear and thanks for the update.

Diablito I'm deeply shocked and sorry for your experience simply because we have so many BLACK users out there with 5 star experience and never ever would even think that you may have a totally different one. Please PM us and provide your information along with dealer that you purchased from, date of sale and all other info that may help us to establish why would you be so unhappy with such a great product. We are Americas distributors and we have extremely happy xdeep BLACK customers here and computer being sold out quickly after each delivery. Have no idea what happen on your path but will stand up for quality customer service that TecDiveGear.com and xDeep stands for. I'm with contact with manufacturer and awaiting for your details.

Regards,
Sebastian J.

Hi, the unit arrived 2 days ago at your place, waiting for updates.

Hey "diablito76".
We surely received your unit and we will be more than happy to replace it for you.
Please email us directly with any order status questions and requirements as this forum section is not the right place to resolve
private matter.

Thank you for support and be safe !
TecDiveGear.com

I tryed but i guess the e mails didn't make it. I'll try again.
Thanks

I have an xdeep. I like it lots. It won't connect to my computer currently, but its probably something I'm doing wrong. I shall have another play with it before bothering Xdeep.

Otherwise, zero complaints.

I mostly cave dive, my favourite feature is it sits half way on my right arm. In normal diving position I can read it without moving anything, so a quick glance etc only needs me to move my eyes to the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added February 20th, 2015 at 01:20 PM ----------

099cd475256bf3e01775a8a41119c129.jpg

You can see the position on my right arm. Easily readable and useable without having to move my arm. It's almost like having a HUD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom