XD memory for movie mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi all,

If i use a 2GB of XD for my sp350, what's the duration for the movie mode? thx

According to my camera..

Microphone on:
SHQ 640x480 30fps = 18:50
HQ 640x480 15fps = 37:29
SQ1 320x240 30fps = 50:54
SQ2 320x240 15fps = 1:40:19

thx. i wish there is a bigger xd card for longer memory for sp-350

Second that. I wish they had used SDHC's instead of their stupid proprietary Fuji/Oly xD, which is slower, more expensive and doesn't come in large enough sizes or sell enough for the aftermarket to pursue it. I don't do much video, but 2 gigs barely gets me through a day of diving shooting RAW, much less a weekend. At least the price has come down substantially. When I got the camera it was $69 for 1 gig type M. Now you can get 2 gigs type H for half that.

yeah no wonder, now lots of scubadivers are shifting into Canon G9!!!

by the way is the 2nd price of SP350 on ebay had come down?

I am real depressed theyy only go to 2GB. Also, I have had 2 seperate issues with 2 different xD cards in different cameras. Has anyone else had card problems?

I've got 2 2gb and a 35mb for an FE-100 and Stylus 410. Never had any issues with either camera or any of the cards.

I had a 2Gb M card get funky on one dive. A possible solution is to format the card in the camera you are using it in. Then keep it in that camera.

I haven't been brave enough to trust this card underwater again. However, I use it as a back up card in my E-510. A high speed Compact Flash card just blows the doors off any XD card.

Haven't had any card problems either other than S-S-L-O-O-O-W! Have to second Gert. My D300 with a top notch compact flash card shoots like a machine gun. It will load 15 or 20 pictures by the time the SP will do one RAW. (Of course, it cost almost 10 times as much) But even the 12gig Extreme III CF card I use was only $100 after rebate, which is about $30 more than I paid for one gig of the slow type M xD when the camera was new. Again, back when they were selling 5050's, Oly had a slot for both cards.

Back
Top Bottom