Xd cards (H vs M type) for a Fuji F30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The time it takes between pressing the shutter for the first picture to when it is ready to take the next picture.

Well, I couldn't resist. Happen to be walking by a camera shop on the way home and they had a Fuji 1gb H card for just US$35. Did some unscientific tests comparing the 1GB H xd card to my 2GB M xd Card and yes the H card is noticeably faster if you set the F30 on continuous shooting. As for firing off single shots, just a little faster but not that much. But again, the F30 only shoots 6mp jpg's which are less than 3mb each so the internal 10mb buffer can handle a few shots in a row and you'll see the light turn to green "ready" after each shot almost as fast as the H card. Haven't tried a video test. If the F30 created 5-9MB size RAW files, then the speed difference would really be noticeable.

I guess curiosity got to me. The silly thing is the 2GB card can store 680 shots in highest quality and don't really need the xtra storage...

Fry's has had the 1GB cards for $20 recently...

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom